Partick Thistle vs Motherwell, Tuesday 2/2/16

Oh and Gomis was actually soo bad! I was worried he would turn out to be great acquisition for Motherwell - I was mistaken.

Kept an eye on Gomis when he came on. First three things he did were to wrestle one of our players down, slap the ball in our box and get the ball taken off him by Osman. Was worried when he came on but looked really poor. Edit: Apparently Ainsworth broke down crying after the match?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much agree with what has been said so far.

We started brightly but Motherwell dug in and our attacks petered out after the first ten or fifteen minutes.

Nice and niggly in the middle of the park with Lasley and McDonald being too fly for the ref where as our four cards were all stick ons really.

As mentioned a strange double sub in some ways by McGhee. With Moult going off it seemed MM was settling for the draw although Hall (?) went off with an injury.

Archibald's substitutions were pretty spot on. Welsh was our least effective player and Pogba did a good shift, then Amoo gave us a little more threat than Christie who seemed a wee bit off the pace at times despite working his socks off.

Nice cameo by Fraser too and what an effort to clear that ball near the end.

Lawless had a decent effort just before his winner and sealed a MOTM performance for me.

Defence was decent and can't really fault any of our players for effort but Welsh's passing was honking at times and got caught dithering at times. Obviously playing a defensive role and was just feeding the ball forward into the channels especially in the first half but this never really came off.

Good to see Freddy and Dan developing a decent partnership.

A big three points for us and we can go to Tannadice with a certain level of confidence if we can add a bit of guile to our work ethic.

A brutal evening brightened by that goal. Well done to the 2400 loonies who could make it along.

Normally I would be happy for you

That is 5 points lost in last month or so to goals in last few minutes v Hamilton, Dundee and now Thistle. I would rather my team did not do that.

Still we have had NO luck. Iffy penalties, deflections, re-taken penalties - were bloody jinxed.

Time for us to get a dodgy penalty or offside goal. Saturday in the cup v ICT will do..

BAWBAGS

That's us last season all over mate. Yet I still don't we've had a penalty this year.

Very scrappy game where a draw would've been a fair result. Both keepers had f**k all to do really.

Thought Miller had possibly his best game for us. Frans looked slow and it was evident he's barely played this season. Lost his man so many times but he wasn't terrible. Seaborne was solid and done well apart from when he decided to take out Moult. Booth was is usual self. Osman bossed anyone who came near him. Welsh was dreadful again and spent the first half just booting the ball into the corners. Bannigan seemed to play very advanced (looked like a #10) at times and kept the ball moving as always. Lawless was easily MOTM. Got lucky with the goal but he was the best player on the park. Elliott didn't look 'match fit' but put in a shift. Doolan did was excellent in the first half but barely seen him in the second. Pogba was good when he came on and bullied the Well defence, holding it up well. Amoo done well too. Think Fraser only touched the ball once but what a touch it was.

Referee was getting a lot of abuse but thought all our bookings were deserved. Miller pulled Johnson's shirt for at least 5 yards. Seaborne just smashed into Moult. The foul Bannigan got booked after was soft but he'd daftly caught Hamill late previously. Osman's was cynical. Lasley and Johnson should've been carded too in the first half tbf. McDonald's constant whining to the referee was a pain in the arse and very Celtic of him although it was worth it to see him stomp off in a huff at FT.

Motherwell didn't impress me but they weren't bad. Can't see them being in the bottom 2. Thought Pearson was very quiet, was expecting a lot more from him. McManud looks so past it. Cadden looks a deent player though.

Every time I've seen Pogba come off the bench hes been a nuisance held the ball up very well, its his starts I've seen hes been fucking hopeless. I don't know if hes fit he looks like hes limping every time he walks.

Nothing in the game really.

What was all the nonsense in the Motherwell crowd in the first half?

From what I saw, some lad went running down the stairs, then came back up. The police tried to stop him, so he got hidden in the crowd, after which they went wading in, looked like they threw a punch or two.

Outrageous reaction, to absolutely nothing, tbh.

Archived