Partick Thistle vs Motherwell, Tuesday 2/2/16

We've went 5583 competitive minutes without a penalty, let's not have a competition about who is unluckiest.

Just in a huff. Last minute winners are great. Last minute losers are sore ones.

Hope Thistle stay up in any case, but for that to matter so must we.

Hopefully we can get our shit together for tough game v holders on Saturday.

Would have taken a win on Saturday over a win tonite. Still a point would have been nice.

Shit appens

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The goal was every bit as delicious as the f**k off, sloppy chicken donner kebab from Morello's I destroyed with my bare hands about 15 minutes before kick-off, sitting on the front steps of someone's close. The most shameful and the most pleasant cullinary experience I've had.

Whatever I said after the Ross County game could probably be put here, it was basically a carbon copy. Two decent teams cancelling each other out all over the park before any decent chances could be created, before we sclaff in a late winner. It's accepted across our entire support now but Osman has to be signed up, our back four with him in front of it makes us one of the better defensive sides in the league.

Lionel Ainsworth :lol:

Good to hear Gary Miller had a good game. Will probably end up leaving at the end of the season, despite being generally solid and doing very little wrong. Lucky to have guys like him and Frans as back up.

Two last minute winners at Firhill this season is changed days from our first and second season woes. We lack the goal threat of some of the teams around us, but give away so few goals that I think we'll be fine.

Not particularly relevant to this game but we've conceded the least goals away from home of any team in the league - 11 along with Celtic. An incredible achievement given our resources.

Can potentially push for the top six from here, given the two winnable games in hand at home, but would be happy with anywhere above 11th.

Heard MCGhee lambast the defending for the goal as costing us a 'deserved point'. He never takes any responsibility for poor results, it's always somebody else to blame. Maybe if he'd learned to accept that the buck stops with the manager early on in his coaching career then he would have got his coveted job at Celtic, or even Liverpool by now. Or maybe not. The spectacular irony in our recent dismal form is that we have failed to win a single match since he blew his trumpet about how he could have managed Liverpool.

If amoo can build his confidence he could end up a very good player. All the attributes just lacks the balls to have a go at defenders.

Said it before but he always plays better coming off the bench. Used his pace today and managed to get past a few Motherwell players and burst into the box. German should hopefully provide competition and get him fighting for his place.

Heard MCGhee lambast the defending for the goal as costing us a 'deserved point'. He never takes any responsibility for poor results, it's always somebody else to blame. Maybe if he'd learned to accept that the buck stops with the manager early on in his coaching career then he would have got his coveted job at Celtic, or even Liverpool by now. Or maybe not. The spectacular irony in our recent dismal form is that we have failed to win a single match since he blew his trumpet about how he could have managed Liverpool.

Better tell Ainsworth to stop crying then if the goal was McGhees fault and not his.

Lionel Ainsworth is a cracking guy. Simply for what he down to Sevco and for the fact I met him on a Glasgow - Stanstead flight and he was a genuine geezer.'

Leave him alone.

Can't believe he can't get a game for Well.

I'd have him at Firhill in a flash although he's probably out of reach wage wise. If Lawless left I'd go for him...

#baller

Quite disappointed by our lack of "Mark McGhee you're a w****r" chants last night. Few men need reminded so often.

Sore yin.

If people didn't know before now, they do now. We are in the shit.

The next three games are Inverness in the cup, Kilmarnock (h) and Dundee Utd (a). Huge!

Couldn't care less about the cup game. Would rather we concentrated on the league.

We are pish. Conceding a late goal once can maybe be put down to bad luck but, as has been said, that's 5 points we've lost in the last month or so to teams round about us. Something needs sorted.

Archived