Partick Thistle vs Motherwell, Tuesday 2/2/16

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couldn't go tonight listend to.it on audio commentary with my 2 year old wee boy. Had him shouting cmon Thistle and we were jumping about mad when lawless scored haha

Normally I would be happy for you

That is 5 points lost in last month or so to goals in last few minutes v Hamilton, Dundee and now Thistle. I would rather my team did not do that.

Still we have had NO luck. Iffy penalties, deflections, re-taken penalties - were bloody jinxed.

Time for us to get a dodgy penalty or offside goal. Saturday in the cup v ICT will do..

BAWBAGS

Despite the positive result we were quite shaky and it was very much a 0-0 game in which we got a bit of luck at the right time. Elliot really needs to get his crossing right, far too many low balls going straight to the first Well defender in his way. Welsh again was a horrowshow at times.

Lawless and Doolan deserve alot of credit. Doolan put in an absolute shift in places I wouldn't expect him to be. Wasn't getting any real service but was always moving into space and willing to receive the ball.

We've had a few undeserved wins at home this season, can add that one to the list. Thought Motherwell were useful but Cerny hardly had a thing to do, ball wouldn't fall for them in the box. Good substitutions by Archie, Pogba and Amoo made a big difference (as did Moult going off, he's always caused us problems).

Have to say I actually thought the ref had a decent game, all the yellows in the first half were deserved (I'm not sure Bannigan's was a foul but he was getting one eventually for persistent fouling). He could have booked Moult and perhaps McManus in the second half but generally pretty good. Osman is the fucking boss at not getting sent off when he's on a booking.

Normally I would be happy for you

That is 5 points lost in last month or so to goals in last few minutes v Hamilton, Dundee and now Thistle. I would rather my team did not do that.

Still we have had NO luck. Iffy penalties, deflections, re-taken penalties - were bloody jinxed.

Time for us to get a dodgy penalty or offside goal. Saturday in the cup v ICT will do..

BAWBAGS

We've went 5583 competitive minutes without a penalty, let's not have a competition about who is unluckiest.

Yep, add me to the Pogba changed the game pile although as already said that might have been more to do with Welsh going off. Thought we'd been second best without really deserving to be behind until that point, some good last ditch blocks from Seaborne in particular, but out only attacking threat til then was Lawless doing it all himself.

I did fear for us at half time with 4 players , especially Osman and Bannigan on bookings and the game being a clogfest in midfield, but we managed the game very well. Was still a 0-0 with a jammy goal in it, but on a personal note as I missed the ICT game that's the first time I've seen us score an injury time winner for nearly 3 years.

Was inevitable with the card giveaway we were going to come out on the wrong side of the ref tonight- he took 4 Motherwell players aside to give them a final warning after booking 4 of ours- Johnson in particular could / should have been booked for pulling back Lawless, gets a talking to, then dives, referee plays on advantage to us, still doesn't get booked when the play stops. He let McDonald yap away at him all game, still it was worth it for his wee hunch shoulder blobstrop at the final whistle.

Pitch obviously looked awful and didn't play perfectly but it wasn't as bad in the bare areas as it looked. Finally, Gary Fraser's header off the line, what an effort.

Still plenty to work on going forward, but it's clear from the league table that 4th-11th aren't wildly different, so a 3 point swing like that in a game at the end is huge.

I always come away from a Motherwell game feeling they get away with soo many fouls (Lasley in particular).

Shite game - 1st half highlight was the Well fan playing musical chairs before being chucked out (what did he do?)

2nd half - we scored. That sums the game up.

Apart from the distribution aspect I thought Welsh did a lot of good stuff breaking up play in the middle of the park.

Don't know what happened to Motherwell in the last twenty minutes or so. They suddenly seemed to settle for a point when until then they had been pushing forward. Management decision or a fitness thing?

Still plenty to work on going forward, but it's clear from the league table that 4th-11th aren't wildly different, so a 3 point swing like that in a game at the end is huge.

Killie are still closer to fourth and a potential Euro spot than they are automatic relegation. United must be utter shite.

Archived