Partick Thistle vs Motherwell, Tuesday 2/2/16

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, very poor stuff from McGhee. Putting the blame on one player, rather than taking any blame himself - when he's put our winger up front, just because he was our tallest player yet is known for never ever winning a header.
Looking at the goal, I don't even blame Ainsworth that much. Yes he lost his player for a second, but he got back and put pressure on him. It was yet another shot that was going straight to the keeper - then it took the deflection.

You've got to feel for Ainsworth. McGhee has chucked him under the bus to deflect from his own failings.

Why did McGhee take off Moult? He's a big threat even if he's not playing that well.

c**t ae a decision.

It's pretty harsh on Ainsworth. His own man is heading the ball, he's thinking more about getting up the park than marking his man. McManus doesn't do a great job with the header and then Ainsworth gets back pretty quickly to try and put him off.

Entirely agree. Personally, I'd hold Pearson far more responsible for it, and to an even greater extent, McGhee. Pearson plainly wasn't/isn't fit, and was half a yard short on everything last night. Lashing the ball to no-one up the field under no pressure gave Thistle the ball back in the first place. Pearson should've been off long before he was.

The greatest frustration for me just now is how we're just not using Johnson properly. Yeah, maybe he should've been at least challenging for the ball when it went long to him, but we all know that's not his game. If he was big enough and brave enough to be doing things like that, he wouldn't be our player. Every time the ball was played balls out to him, across the centre-half out in the channels we looked more dangerous. He absolutely did Miller in the first five and didn't get another run at him for the rest of the half.

Delighted with that. Wasn't the best game in the world but we've finally learned how to shitfest our way to wins. As others have said, we'd never have won that in the last two seasons. Thought Lawless was outstanding, as were our two centre halves. Pogba changed the game when he came on, as others have said, Archie made the right decision to bring Welsh off for him. Hopefully he'll be dropped for Fraser on Saturday (and for the rest of the season).

Baffling decision to bring off Moult by McGhee. As well as what seemed to be settling for a draw when the game could really have gone either way. Motherwell are nowhere near the worst team I have seen at Firhill this season though, and imagine will be comfortably safe.

Went to this with a few Thistle supporting mates, poor game tbh, the referee was poor and seemed unwilling to book Lasley and McDonald. Scenes when the goal went in were excellent though and I got a photo with Kingsley so good night :lol:

What was the incident in the Motherwell end about?

Apparently a steward was assaulted. Hard to tell from my vantage point as it happened I would assume in the middle of the crowd but what seemed to then kick off was a load of polis piling in and the guy they were trying to lift not making it easy resulting in a woman officer swinging what looked like a few misplaced punches and falling over and then a good dozen more cops came flying in.

still play off spot available for u guys

No sh1t Sherlock. However, I wouldn't swap, current league positions. squads, managers or intelligence with you.

Off you pop - there's a windae that needs licking/.

Just watched the highlights! Great to see Archie getting involved on the touchline when McGhee was having his weekly greeting match about decisions. 3 players stood out of what I seen and the family I spoke to after game. 1 seabourne absolutely brilliant gives 100% every game and he's starting to bully opposition strikers, he can be erratic but one of the players who if he's fit starts before any1. 2. Osman.. Absolutely great find! we need to get his contract sorted asap. 3. Lawless, was a bit critical of him last few games but when he plays well he is such an absolute nuisance for defenders. Onwards and upwards ????

Archived