Faissal Transfer

I think it's as simple as this, his agent is shit and he hasn't had any suitable offers.

He should have behaved himself and come back for a shot at the next league up to see if his continued development would indeed continue to improve.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I never realised Dunfermline had signed Reilly. Decent signing if somewhat raw. mcMullan seems to be a good signing too. Good work in there.

Shame about Spark though, he's utter shite.

Good work in there?

McMullan is dreadful, loses the ball gives up and doesn't track back. Constantly lost his man as well and gave away a number of goals.

Shitebag of a player.

54 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

:blink:

so why did you bring Kane Hemmings into it considering he can and has done it at the top level in Scottish football?

As a handy comparison for you.

Why did you claim he was "raw" when he's played about 100 games at this level already and scored more than 30 goals?

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

As a handy comparison for you.

Why did you claim he was "raw".

Because he's nowhere near the complete player.

why did you use Kane Hemmings (second top scorer in the top league last season) as a 'handy comparison' for me? 

He is also not two years younger than Kane, either.

24 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

Gary Harkins never tracked back and lost his man at a corner once. He also can't play in the same side as Paul McGowan.

You'll understand why nobody takes anything a St Mirren fan says seriously.

BOOOOOOO

I've actually went and looked in to this.

Kane is a year older than Reilly, yet never made a first team appearance until after Reilly did.

He has played at a higher level than Reilly for about 50% of their careers.

They've managed to score around the same amount of goals.

When both were at the same level, once in Championship and once in the Premiership, Kane has out scored Reilly on both occasions. Even being named the Championship player of the year - whilst playing for Cowdenbeath. 

These two players are fucking miles apart. What a strange comparison to make.

42 minutes ago, Deeboy said:

I've actually went and looked in to this.

Kane is a year older than Reilly, yet never made a first team appearance until after Reilly did.

He has played at a higher level than Reilly for about 50% of their careers.

They've managed to score around the same amount of goals.

When both were at the same level, once in Championship and once in the Premiership, Kane has out scored Reilly on both occasions. Even being named the Championship player of the year - whilst playing for Cowdenbeath. 

These two players are fucking miles apart. What a strange comparison to make.

It was a lazy poor comparison, I'll concede. I read something that said Hemmings was 25 (he's not I see, he's 24). They may be miles apart now, it's a couple of years since I saw Hemmings. I wasn't enormously impressed with him in his time at Cowdenbeath though and I rated Reilly higher at the time. It may be however given his goal return and being voted Player of the Year that he just happens not to have played well against us. Greg Stewart looked a much, much better player when I saw them both.

My point is that Reilly isn't "raw" though.

Would the Pars take Faissal back should he return with his tail between his legs?

He's represented by an agency in Glasgow who aren't exactly well known for representing footballers as far as I know. The extent of their circle of contacts seems questionable considering Faissal has allegedly only been in on trial at teams managed by some well kent faces in Scottish football.

He's leaving it late to get picked up by a Scottish team any better than Dunfermline - and from what I hear, seems to have a bit of an inflated perception of his value. Handy player no doubt but would have been better advised to stay put and prove himself in the Championship.

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

He'll be knackered. So far he has been to Guingamp, Coventry (where he was about to sign, according to Coventry's physio), Blackburn and Fleetwood Town, whilst simultaneously seeming to remain in the south of France. I can't tell which is the original source for the story - Alan Nixon (journo/agent) or that Twitter feed that said we'd signed Noel Hunt. Neither of them seem especially reliable. 

FWIW Alan Nixon was the initial source about the Stevie May transfer, and seems fairly reliable for news in that area.

Would the Pars take Faissal back should he return with his tail between his legs.

Yup. He's a very good player, would rather play with him than against him.

Turning your back on him just because he has the audacity to better himself would be ridiculous, hopefully he flops and comes back.

Some aspects of supporting a club see some fans expecting some level of loyalty if its been put the players way. Fais was given a chance by us and the bottom line is he chose to act like a dickhead after his good season. Went to the media after he got the last 20 minutes or so and didn't get the full game. Yeah his family were over but so what. He chose not to turn up at the POTY event and hasn't collected his winners medal. Question for me is who the f**k does he think he is.

Wonder when mediocre English clubs will realise that being a prolific goalscorer in Scotland means fook all? Don't get me wrong, if Fais goes to Blackburn I'd love it if he went on and had a fantastic career. But how many times have we seen good strikers in Scotland go to these clubs then goes tits up? David Goodwillie, Adam Rooney, Scott Allan, Stevie May spring to mind. 

Good luck to him if he gets a contract. 

from what we've seen and we have only really had a season of astonishing quality from him but I doubt any move his agent has lined up will be able to guarantee first team football his agent must have talked him up massively and I genuinely believe he thought he would get a giant move and probably stay in Scotland. His behaviour I think has stemmed from his agent but he has missed the first week of pre-season at most UK clubs and if Blackburn doesn't fancy him then he's missed two weeks of preseason and those two weeks can be so important for the season ahead but I would have him back because he has played some amazing football while with us just felt his antics were a bit rich considering what we did for him offered him 

Archived