Heart of Midlothian vs Partick Thistle

As jagfox mentioned on the Thistle thread, we were missing Osman in the 3-0 game and had Ryan fucking Scully in goal for the 4-0 game - hardly inconsiderable factors. Whilst I'd still expect us to lose and pose next to no attacking threat, I'd like to think the game will at least be closer with only Dumbuya missing this time. Certainly no reason to be shiteing it from a fixture that even a Gary Locke managed Kilmarnock have taken something from.

I don't think formation makes too big a difference to us, but if we're going five at the back I'd drop Miller for Elliott and Lawless for Pogba, last week was just piss-weak in terms of attacking options and we'd be aswell playing two actual strikers in the hope that the ball will stick.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Zanatta, Juanma and Dauda all starting. It will be great to have Rossi back as well. Still can't believe his moment of madness against Accies as it's the only major thing he's done wrong in a Hearts strip.

Also, hopefully Reilly comes on and grabs a goal to keep his confidence up. He showed over the Christmas and New Year period that he can be a good player for us - and in big games too.

A lot of the work Reilly does goes unnoticed. Things like pressing defenders and forcing them into mistakes isn't things that your average punter in the stands will notice. He's added a few goals recently, but the work he puts in most definitely allows his fellow strikers to shine.

Two strikers, two wingers please.

Gotta keep winning, otherwise we're going to be left in some kind of weird 3rd place limbo points wise for the rest of the season.

Yup, agreed. Another win tomorrow and the gap with Aberdeen is back to eight points with two games still to play against them and a superior goal difference. Hopefully we continue to close the gap, ready to capitalise for when they inevitably shit the bed again. Our next six league fixtures up to the start of April are pretty kind.

Yup, agreed. Another win tomorrow and the gap with Aberdeen is back to eight points with two games still to play against them and a superior goal difference. Hopefully we continue to close the gap, ready to capitalise for when they inevitably shit the bed again. Our next six league fixtures up to the start of April are pretty kind.

On one level I admire your optimism

On another I must fault you for not noting that the gap between us and Celtic is the same 11 points

If you're going to dream, Dream big!

On one level I admire your optimism

On another I must fault you for not noting that the gap between us and Celtic is the same 11 points

If you're going to dream, Dream big!

Celtic are still going to win the league. They have an unassailable goal difference which serves as an extra point and we don't have a game in hand on them. Aberdeen will crumble like they usually do so we need to be ready to take advantage.

Archived