Bread with soup - toasted or untoasted

DA Baracus

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm getting wound up with all this talk of crusty bread. Just can't see the attraction of cooking/drying bread beyond the stage of having a tough but still soft and chewy outer crust to the point it becomes a hard, flaky, tasteless explosion of crumbs.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm getting wound up with all this talk of crusty bread. Just can't see the attraction of cooking/drying bread beyond the stage of having a tough but still soft and chewy outer crust to the point it becomes a hard, flaky, tasteless explosion of crumbs.

Does your mum still cut the crusts off your sandwiches? Crusty bread is awesome.

Does your mum still cut the crusts off your sandwiches? Crusty bread is awesome.

Her life would not be worth living if she dared serve me sandwiches with the crusts still on. The missus genuinely worries for the folk in my local shop if go in of a morning and find they've overcooked the baguettes.

I'd like to stick my boot up yours.

You shouldn't threaten violence on here, it can come back to haunt you.

Any the 'soup wars' doesn't have the same ring as the 'ice cream wars'. Doesn't have the same chime either.

Yes, but I find milk is easier as it mixes better so it's less likely to curdle.

You simply temper the cream in a bowl with a ladle or two of the soup mixture until it warms through, then add to the pot.

You shouldn't threaten violence on here, it can come back to haunt you.

Any the 'soup wars' doesn't have the same ring as the 'ice cream wars'. Doesn't have the same chime either.

There's a big difference between saying you'd like to boot someone up the arse, than actually asking them to meet up for a square go, you big bully!

Ahh P&B never fails, lorne or square, stand up/sit down, coins in pocket or coins in wallet and now bread or toast with soup...I wonder what's next.

For the record its square sausage, I can wipe standing up or sitting so i'm not arsed, but always with a front to back action... no one wants shitey balls, coins in back pocket, otherwise its a purse and of course its bread, why would you want toast with soup?

Anyone who eats toast with soup is a BEAST

I'm throwing this out there, but a blob of tomato ketchup (Tommy sauce if you're Lichtie) in lentil soup adds a tremendous dimension.

Right. I could overlook the beasting of 15 year old lassies. I could forgive the lack of Moray Cup delivered to my house, but you've gone too far this time.

I'm phoning the polis.

Archived