General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I see that 4 of the biggest 6 party leaders in Scotland, and the Scottish secretary, have all come out as gay.

Fair play to them, it's good that people's sexualities are now accepted in Scotland.

The Dug changes her mind so many times it's hard to keep track.

She certainly seems like she'd say anything to getting votes.

I see that 4 of the biggest 6 party leaders in Scotland, and the Scottish secretary, have all come out as gay.

Fair play to them, it's good that people's sexualities are now accepted in Scotland.

Is Willie Rennie still in the closet?

This is an article in the NBC News of America

Could Scotland Seek Independence Again if Britain Leaves EU?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/scotland-independence-vote/could-scotland-seek-independence-again-if-britain-leaves-eu-n548521

…The issue is seen as important in Washington — and not just due to the historic "special relationship" with the U.K.

Scotland is currently home to 58 U.S. Trident II D-5 missiles, a key plank of NATO's nuclear deterrent…

The Dug changes her mind so many times it's hard to keep track.

She certainly seems like she'd say anything to getting votes.

"I have a female partner at the moment. But if that's going to be a problem for you, she's a man."

Student Unions doing what they do best, giving us all a laugh.

Out of the many amazing quotes, the highlight must be that "zero students voted Tory"

post-13555-14599534549735_thumb.jpg

Student Unions doing what they do best, giving us all a laugh.

Out of the many amazing quotes, the highlight must be that "zero students voted Tory"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1459953452.362385.jpg

I'm sure David Cameron will be utterly seething that he won't be able to get a £2 pint in the student bar next time he's up in Manchester

GPEW leader Natalie Bennett has said a Brexit shouldn't "bind" Scotland into a second independence referendum

Who exactly said it should?  :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

Of course it shouldn't, but it would be a material change in circumstances that may open the door to one.

Nothing except the people of Scotland voting in a party on a majority who have one in their manifesto should bind Scotland to anything.

Of course it shouldn't, but it would be a material change in circumstances that may open the door to one.

Nothing except the people of Scotland voting in a party on a majority who have one in their manifesto should bind Scotland to anything.

What's the latest news on the SNP manifesto?

If the SNP have a majority and polling shows 60% plus support for a yes vote then I think they'll call a second referendum but I think WM may refuse to grant one.

What's the latest news on the SNP manifesto?

If the SNP have a majority and polling shows 60% plus support for a yes vote then I think they'll call a second referendum but I think WM may refuse to grant one.

I think you might be right, though one being granted after the SNP majority in 2011 does set a precedent. That would be a constitutional crisis.

#telt

1. Angus B MacNeil MP â€@AngusMacNeilSNP 6h6 hours ago
  2. Angus B MacNeil MP Retweeted Fraser Nelson
  3. Angus B MacNeil MP added,Fraser Nelson @FraserNelson
  4. Canada no1 exporter of Scots traditional music; theirs is more upbeat. When Scots migrated there, they cheered up. https://twitter.com/Canada/status/717726007566987264 â€¦

@FraserNelson 5h5 hours ago @AngusMacNeilSNP Scots music from Canada has always been more cheerful: just ask the great @alasdairfraser

@FraserNelson Please don’t associate me with your skewed, cringe-immersed style of journalism and conclusions. @AngusMacNeilSNP