General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Rumours that Ian Duncan Smith has resigned over the cuts to disability benefits

IDS, contrary to left-wing propaganda, is a man of principle. He may have got policy details wrong but he cares for the poor, vulnerable and those on low incomes. It looks like Osborne, typically as a wealthy man with  a huge 8 figure fortune, stabbed him in the back. An unprincipled careerist would have stayed on and collected the big salary and perks. Despite my disagreements with him on key issues, l will raise a glass to IDS  tonight and toast his integrity. 

Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with IDS - the all in it together line is absolutely spot on. This budget was a budget for the rich whilst attacking the most vulnerable in our society. It shows what a w****r Gideon really is.

Totally agree! IDS is one of the few Tory politicians that I respect. Alan Johnson and Frank Field are also honest and worthy of our respect. Until his sad and tragic death, Charlie Kennedy was another.

IDS, contrary to left-wing propaganda, is a man of principle. He may have got policy details wrong but he cares for the poor, vulnerable and those on low incomes. It looks like Osborne, typically as a wealthy man with a huge 8 figure fortune, stabbed him in the back. An unprincipled careerist would have stayed on and collected the big salary and perks. Despite my disagreements with him on key issues, l will raise a glass to IDS tonight and toast his integrity.

If he cared for the poor and vulnerable in society he would never have considered even voting for the bæstards, let alone making a career (and a Fúckload of cash) at the heart of the machine. Fúck him. Now for the rest of them.

If he cared for the poor and vulnerable in society he would never have considered even voting for the bæstards, let alone making a career (and a Fúckload of cash) at the heart of the machine. Fúck him. Now for the rest of them.

How much do you think that IDS has made? Please provide concrete evidence to back up any claims of  him "cashing in". 

The resignation is about screwing over Osbourne and Europe as much as its about benefits.

Indeed. He's shafting Gidiot, giving himself free reign to campaign more heavily for Brexit and has possibly also been offered a tasty future job by Boris. Principle will be well fucking down the list, given the near-glee with which he's pursued previous cuts to Disability benefits.

Sharon will be upset!  ;)

*shudder*

Cheers for that mental image :lol:

Totally agree! IDS is one of the few Tory politicians that I respect. Alan Johnson and Frank Field are also honest and worthy of our respect. Until his sad and tragic death, Charlie Kennedy was another.

In a Scottish context (being an SNP Member) David McLetchie, Malcolm Chisholm and from earlier times, Robin Cook are three "enemies" I always respected.

I can't get a handle on IDS. There was the Frankie Vaughan-esque thing in Easterhouse when he was leader. I think that was a genuine old school "one nation" thing. Then, he flips and becomes a mental uber-thatch libertarian bam with universal credit- and that celebration- what a c**t. Now flips again with apparent one nation Tory remorse on this? Whit?

Maybe he is a decent guy. Maybe he wants to f**k Gideon over.

I think it may be a bit of both.

How much do you think that IDS has made? Please provide concrete evidence to back up any claims of him "cashing in".

Surprisingly enough, I'm not privy to his bank statement.

I will, however, state that anyone who has sat in the House of Commons for nearly a quarter of a century has made a fūckload more money than the vast majority of those he claims to represent. Living rent free in what can be reasonably described as "a fucking big house" probably helps him keep his head above water as well.

That c**t.

What the f**k did he ever dae for the Ross, Skye and Lochaber electorate?

He thought he was ontae a good thing as their MP until getting evicted in 2015.

He had a cushy number as well as being on the telly each week.

Did you see his losing speech -"night of the long skean-dhus" ffs.

He was a stick-on for a knighthood if he had lived.

I will, however, state that anyone who has sat in the House of Commons for nearly a quarter of a century has made a fūckload more money than the vast majority of those he claims to represent. Living rent free in what can be reasonably described as "a fucking big house" probably helps him keep his head above water as well.

Rent free? You need to look at the changes in the expenses allowances in recent years. If you want to target ex Ministers and MPs, take a look at the huge incomes of Blair and his cronies. Mandelson and the Kinnocks have made millions in addition to their massive EU pay-offs/pensions.

Perhaps a wee bit OTT but who am I tae argy. :thumsup2

You forgot tae add the expenses he collected (legal and/or otherwise).

That c**t.

What the f**k did he ever dae for the Ross, Skye and Lochaber electorate?

He thought he was ontae a good thing as their MP until getting evicted in 2015.

He had a cushy number as well as being on the telly each week.

Did you see his losing speech -"night of the long skean-dhus" ffs.

He was a stick-on for a knighthood if he had lived.

LOL   :lol: 

I admire a fellow iconoclast but, as far as politicians are concerned, Charlie was a good man. I knew him at university and he was excellent company. 

We must agree to disagree on Charlie but have a good weekend! 

Rent free? You need to look at the changes in the expenses allowances in recent years. If you want to target ex Ministers and MPs, take a look at the huge incomes of Blair and his cronies. Mandelson and the Kinnocks have made millions in addition to their massive EU pay-offs/pensions.

Aye, in recent years.

What about the years before that.

Thon c**t who was the Speaker should be in prison and no in the big hoose wi' a big payoot and big pension.

He was the c**t who signed off on the MP's expenses.