General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Yes but then Renton never mention Scottish education spending. So for you to link the two and try and make out that Scotland would not lose out as we already spend less than England on education was, once again, misleading. You appear to be doing that with increasing regularity on here.

Except he mentioned the Barnett consequentials.

There is no evidence that academisation is causing cuts to spending. Therefore there is no evidence that it will cause Scotland to lose out, in education or anywhere else.

This Academy schools thing sounds like privitization and not even by the back door. I was listening to a debate on Five Live last night and I couldn't believe that many of these current Academies not only follow their own curriculums, but are owned by corporate education companies.

That's an absolute fucking disgrace if true.

Fascinating to hear Osborne talking about how great "the northeast" and "the northwest" is doing. Remind me again which part of the country Scotland is?

I always get confused when some c**t on the TV says the north-east and I immediately think of Aberdeenshire but I'm usually wrong.

Likewise when some other c**t says up north I think of Inverness and again I'm usually wrong.

It's confusing being part of the UK.

Is there a solution?

Edited by Wee Willie

I always get confused when some c**t on the TV says the north-east and I immediately think of Aberdeenshire but I'm usually wrong.

Likewise when some other c**t says up north I think of Inverness and again I'm usually wrong.

It's confusing being part of the UK.

Yeah me too, when they talk of the 'home' counties I assumed they meant the central but, turns out they don't

We are a separate country, part of an incorporating union - as you keep telling us! 

Ah so it was from the English parliament that such utterences were heard.  I must have been mistaken when I heard that there was a UK budget taking place.

It really is abysmal the utter inability of English people to recognise the difference between the UK and England.