General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

44 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Uh, won't this point also apply to any UK company that wishes to export goods to the EU after Brexit?

For example, if I was a toy manufacturer, my toys would have to comply with the current EU Toy Safety requirements across the UK and the rest of the EU. After Brexit, I'll have to comply with the new (watered down?) UK specific version of BS:EN 71 in the UK, but still comply with EU requirements elsewhere in the EU.. Why won't this "accommodation and extra admisistrative burden" be a problem in our new isolationist UK?

Of course it will. I always laughed in the face of people when they claimed we would no longer have to abide by EU regulations. Most products are made to a standard that can be sold throughout many territories, companies aren't suddenly going to change their product or make two different versions one for home use and one for export.

We'll still be using the standards even though they no longer apply to us. This is just one of the complete fantasies that the Brexiteers have made up.

I hope they enjoy their chinese cars or are willing to pay a premium for most of the popular selling cars since the majority of them are imported from the EU. 

Under the current EU legislation, the importer into the EU is responsible for the safety of the goods, not the manufacturer (when the manufacturer is outside the EU)
Can you explain how this will work in the new isolationist UK?

It won't, without more layers of red tape, hence the [emoji57]

Of course it will. I always laughed in the face of people when they claimed we would no longer have to abide by EU regulations. Most products are made to a standard that can be sold throughout many territories, companies aren't suddenly going to change their product or make two different versions one for home use and one for export.
We'll still be using the standards even though they no longer apply to us. This is just one of the complete fantasies that the Brexiteers have made up.
I hope they enjoy their chinese cars or are willing to pay a premium for most of the popular selling cars since the majority of them are imported from the EU.

You seriously believe a company will go to the expense of manufacturing items to a certain standard if " they no longer apply to us". Different territories have different standards,US companies don't export goods with GM into the EU for example. Companies will do as little as possible to have their goods accepted into a market. If the UK sets it's standards to align with the EU,then, yet again, what control are we taking ?As a net exporter of cars made here,the Government has already shown it is willing to accommodate large manufacturers,pity the rest of us won't get such favours.

Erm, the standard I refered to is currently referenced within the applicable legislation in every single country in the EU. I deliberately picked it because it is originally based upon a British Standard (the clue is in the BS:EN designation)
If the rUK is outside the EU and Scotland inside the EU, then the hard border (for toys) will apply to rUK exports to the whole of the EU (including Scotland). Why won't this be a problem for the rUK exporter?

I have absolutely no idea what this has to do with the post you originally quoted.

What happened to ScotSquid? Feel for H_B. At least when it's swampy, xbl etc they always were up front with how much they lived for P&B. H_B's detached sense of "I'm above this place" makes the repeated comebacks pure tragic.

My fav hb ism was when he proclaimed he only posted when he was at work because he was too good to post any other time,then he would post at all times of the day and at the weekend [emoji1]

4 hours ago, doulikefish said:

My fav hb ism was when he proclaimed he only posted when he was at work because he was too good to post any other time,then he would post at all times of the day and at the weekend emoji1.png

My favourite was when he bought shares in Northern Rock and said you'd have to be an idiot not to.

1 hour ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Anthony C Pick was a name used to slag off HB after he cited an IT guy's blog as groundbreaking evidence in some 15 page argument he was losing.

It's just about the last username he'd choose.

Double bluff ?

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

After reading the posts, I'd say it's very likely.

What do you think the chances are that Mr Bairn and HB are one and the same ? They both fucked off at roughly the same time and there's no way Mr bairn has given up his trolling addiction, would not surprise me if the hee haw, mcspreader and all those cretins are Mr bairn.