General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Ok, people of school age can believe in various things, tooth fairy, Santa clause, the bogeyman, etc etc.

My point is this. Adults should know better than to believe in an imagined being- who seems to favour one type of believer over another, even though both "believers" are worshipping the same Ibrahamic "god".

Let's face it, whatever strand of religion you choose to follow, it's ridiculous to think that God favours one sect of his creations over others....

Children are by nature, susceptible to deception, adults should know better.

Have I made it clear enough now?

This is in reply to Elbhot

3 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Ok, people of school age can believe in various things, tooth fairy, Santa clause, the bogeyman, etc etc.

My point is this. Adults should know better than to believe in an imagined being- who seems to favour one type of believer over another, even though both "believers" are worshipping the same Ibrahamic "god".

Let's face it, whatever strand of religion you choose to follow, it's ridiculous to think that God favours one sect of his creations over others....

Children are by nature, susceptible to deception, adults should know better.

Have I made it clear enough now?

This is in reply to Elbhot

This.

I do not believe that there is a supreme being but if someone does believe in that then that's their choice.  It's when (and I will use Christianity as an example) people claim Jesus was the sone of god and that he was born to a virgin and walked on water and was resurrected from the dead that they lose all credibility.  They lose it even further when they claim that theirs is the true religion.

One thing that baffles me is these multi-faith meetings.  If you are a Christian then by defintion you believe that Jews, Muslims and others have got it wrong - why hold meetings or joint events with folk who are wrong about religion?

This.
I do not believe that there is a supreme being but if someone does believe in that then that's their choice.  It's when (and I will use Christianity as an example) people claim Jesus was the sone of god and that he was born to a virgin and walked on water and was resurrected from the dead that they lose all credibility.  They lose it even further when they claim that theirs is the true religion.
One thing that baffles me is these multi-faith meetings.  If you are a Christian then by defintion you believe that Jews, Muslims and others have got it wrong - why hold meetings or joint events with folk who are wrong about religion?

I'm sorry, but I disagree here.
It's within everyone's rights to follow whichever religion they choose to believe, of course, they are wrong, but if it gives someone a little bit of solace- so be it.
If people of different faiths (and let's face it, there are a fair amount of idiots out there) want to come together and discuss their ideas, that can only help society whilst everyone realises they are barking up the wrong tree.
What you are saying is equivalent to saying we shouldn't debate with/ challenge/ argue against Tory ideology with Tories?
The only way to a better planet is to engage, no matter the ideology.

26 minutes ago, Crùbag said:

Has KIncardine seen the latest poll? People moving away from the Tories - even at their staggering peak of 22%. Pro-indyref parties have clear majority. Another mandate that compliments the Holyrood results.

For what it's worth, I'd find it very unhealthy to have virtually all councils SNP-led, alongside an SNP Scottish Government. 

But the SNP now have a very motivated voter base, and are the 'default' choice in the way Labour were for so long. So that's what'll happen.

3 minutes ago, Paco said:

For what it's worth, I'd find it very unhealthy to have virtually all councils SNP-led, alongside an SNP Scottish Government. 

But the SNP now have a very motivated voter base, and are the 'default' choice in the way Labour were for so long. So that's what'll happen.

Given the current state of the opposition, I'd disagree.

Until we get independence, I'd like all our MPs to be SNP along with our MSPs and Councils.
Hell, if it'll achieve independence, the SNP can ride my Mrs.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

Would like to see more Green influence in the councils. My local Lab/SNP one has been as meh as all the others TBH.

A majority vote for pro-Indy parties/ councillors (like the one or two Labour ones) would set us up nicely for Indyref2.

19 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Christianity has Jesus Christ, St. Peter and the Virgin Mary. Atheism has Richard Dawkins, Ricky Gervais and Christopher Hitchens. No wonder people would rather believe in a god.

Well you do have Ray Comfort arguing your case!!!!! :)

Edited by Tony Ferrino

21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Lovely.  Two fools using the same trope.

How else would you explain Scotland backing off from Indyref2 except for the ineptness of Wee Nicola and her idiot pals?

8 hours ago, Colkitto said:

IPSOS MORI

Indyref2 - YES 50%  NO 50% 

Can we just get a quick confirmation from Kinky that Scotland increasingly embracing Independence means the SNP are doing a good job?

Every time Kinky talks about Sturgeon he prefaces whatever he calls her with "Wee." Especially hilarious is the belittling when he offers some withering critique of her/the country/the SNP/the people who've voted for them in increasing numbers for as long as they have. Sad!

5 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Every time Kinky talks about Sturgeon he prefaces whatever he calls her with "Wee." Especially hilarious is the belittling when he offers some withering critique of her/the country/the SNP/the people who've voted for them in increasing numbers for as long as they have. Sad!

Give him a break, he's an expat trying to remember his roots.