General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Correct.  Also anti-abortion so he's into forced pregnancy too.

It's only "forced" if she was impregnated against her will you utter hysterical fool. Where does your cut off point lie then when an abortion should be permitted? Presumably you don't think a woman should be allowed to abort a child at 8 months in- so are you into "forced pregnancy" if you don't allow it in the final 4 weeks?

Utter desperation to tar anyone who doesn't believe in aborting kids as some form of extremist nutcase when in reality the overwhelming majority of the population always have been and probably always will be, at best, uncomfortable with it.

3 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I disagree, I would rather see politicians adapting their views for the greater good than sticking to principles. Putting principle over pragmatism isn't a good thing when those principles are so abhorrent, dangerous and out of touch with modern society. It's scary that so many Tories seem to think homophobic views etc shouldn't stop him from being PM.

I wish Aung San Suu Kyi had stuck to her principles as the interpretation of the "greater good" can be very subjective.  Just ask the Rohingya.

At least if you stick to your principles people know what they are getting, bouncing around from the latest "good idea" (read popular) to the next is why we have such dire politics.

11 minutes ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

It's only "forced" if she was impregnated against her will you utter hysterical fool..

Asked whether his opposition applied in cases of pregnancies resulting from rape or incest, he replied: "I'm afraid so."

I disagree, I would rather see politicians adapting their views for the greater good than sticking to principles. Putting principle over pragmatism isn't a good thing when those principles are so abhorrent, dangerous and out of touch with modern society. It's scary that so many Tories seem to think homophobic views etc shouldn't stop him from being PM.

We put our trust in politicians to represent us. They should there have clear identifiable principles that they adhere to so we know what we are electing. How can you trust or have faith in someone who doesn't stick to some guiding principles? Otherwise you get individuals who would do what ever they could in the pursuit and protection of their power. They are guided by nothing other than having power.

Based on what? Voting against gay marriage? So that's it. He's been labelled as an "ist" or "phobe" for not wholeheartedly conforming to some modern day liberal shibboleth so everything he ever says or does should be disregarded?

He either wants to impose his interpretation of religion on other people or is homophobic and views homosexuality as wrong.

If people are against gay marriage, they don't have to have one but voting against that right for others is abhorrent and a pretty inhumane thing to do.

I get the whole argument for abortion as it's a pretty grey issue in many aspects and the whole definition of life thing is difficult. I couldn't accept somebody who would actively discriminate against others though.

It's only "forced" if she was impregnated against her will you utter hysterical fool. Where does your cut off point lie then when an abortion should be permitted? Presumably you don't think a woman should be allowed to abort a child at 8 months in- so are you into "forced pregnancy" if you don't allow it in the final 4 weeks?

Utter desperation to tar anyone who doesn't believe in aborting kids as some form of extremist nutcase when in reality the overwhelming majority of the population always have been and probably always will be, at best, uncomfortable with it.

Anyone who doesn't agree with abortion is an extremist nutjob, who believes women with unwanted features should be forced to give birth needlessly.

Based on what? Voting against gay marriage? So that's it. He's been labelled as an "ist" or "phobe" for not wholeheartedly conforming to some modern day liberal shibboleth so everything he ever says or does should be disregarded?

He stated clearly he does not believe gay people should be allowed to get married. That is homophobic.

No i agree,i was just pointing out the reasons for his daftness,plus it was quite funny reading the watp 1690 airdrie fan trying to white knight him

Defending someone's right to hold an opinion is not "white knighting" them.

I must say though I was absolutely shocked that the views I was defending the right to hold were in tune with the thoughts of the roman Catholic Church... everydays a school day.

Is phasing out petrol and diesel cars for good really feasible by the way?

Seems to be the in thing just now around the world but we use electric cars at work and it's shite.

Do they actually want to totally eradicate petrol and diesel cars for good? I haven't looked into it too much and only seen the headline but surely not..?

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Is phasing out petrol and diesel cars for good really feasible by the way?

Seems to be the in thing just now around the world but we use electric cars at work and it's shite.

Do they actually want to totally eradicate petrol and diesel cars for good? I haven't looked into it too much and only seen the headline but surely not..?

The target date is in the 2030s.

We'll have flying cars by then.  

44 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Rees Moggs views are because he is a c**t

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Had to fix that for you.

Religion is not an excuse.

Fixed that for both of you.

BTW it is totally acceptable to be intolerant of someone who is intolerant based upon a narrow, biased view of the world.  The world would be a far better place if Jacob Rees-Mogg dropped down dead tomorrow.  Probably wouldn't lessen his chances of being elected Tory leader either.

PS has wee Ruthie expressed a view on the homophobic c**t yet?

Defending someone's right to hold an opinion is not "white knighting" them.

You made a total fukwit of yourself because you seen it was the tory rights darling without actually reading or seeing the interview to try and make yourself edgy as per normal