General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

Why do you think that is unbelievable at all?

We know that Russia has engaged in cyber attacks as the GRU hacked the DNC.

North Korea is well known for their cyber attacks. Their favourite targets are South Korean bitcoin exchanges and there have been multiple reported attacks on those exchanges both successful and unsuccessful.

That's not to say that others including NATO countries aren't at it as well. It's an ever increasing part of warfare now. See Israel with Stuxnet for example.

We know do we? How do we know? Whats your un-bias source of information?

2 hours ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

Why do you think that is unbelievable at all?

We know that Russia has engaged in cyber attacks as the GRU hacked the DNC.

North Korea is well known for their cyber attacks. Their favourite targets are South Korean bitcoin exchanges and there have been multiple reported attacks on those exchanges both successful and unsuccessful.

That's not to say that others including NATO countries aren't at it as well. It's an ever increasing part of warfare now. See Israel with Stuxnet for example.

Is "Lady" Mone aware of this ???

On 04/10/2018 at 17:54, BawWatchin said:

We know do we? How do we know? Whats your un-bias source of information?

Again what specific point are you disputing?

Have you read the work and analysis done by independent cyber security experts on the DNC hacking? The evidence presented that it was clearly Russian state agents was quite compelling.

Regarding North Korea this stuff is all over the major outlets so you can read yourself:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-north-korea-hackers-digital-currency-exchange-security-a8171931.html%3famp

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/02/07/north-korean-hackers-targeting-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies/amp/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/03/05/north-korea-may-have-made-much-200-million-bitcoin-according/amp/

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN1J703I

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/01/17/north-korea-hackers-linked-to-cryptocurrency-cyberattack-on-south-korea.html

1 hour ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

independent cyber security experts

:lol:

1 hour ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

Regarding North Korea this stuff is all over the major outlets so you can read yourself:

*A bunch of American and British articles that present statements with zero proof*

Possibly the wrong thread. Sitting outside a pub and was chatting to a woman who is a dinner lady. She is a Conservative voter. I tried to explain why given her situation they are not the party for her. She didn't get it. She was so blinded by hate of the SNP. Genuinely the first time I've come across an example in real life.

Possibly the wrong thread. Sitting outside a pub and was chatting to a woman who is a dinner lady. She is a Conservative voter. I tried to explain why given her situation they are not the party for her. She didn't get it. She was so blinded by hate of the SNP. Genuinely the first time I've come across an example in real life.
Did you get yer hole?

23 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
59 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Did you get yer hole?

Things  Nicola Sturgeon might say?

On 10/5/2018 at 21:57, Jambo: First Blood said:

But but but but but RT denies it!

I made the mistake of talking about politics to someone at work last week. Can’t even recall how we got on to the subject.

Anyway, they were well trained and gave out the requisite robotic soundbites. They claimed that Nicola Sturgeon went on about independence all the time and should ‘shut up about it’ and focus on ‘other things’ (these things were never specified). Apparently we should all ‘just accept that we lost the referendum’ and ‘move on’. My point that parties lose elections all the time yet continue to campaign for the next one did not go down well (folk like this haven’t been programmed with an answer to this one yet).

He then said he hated Sturgeon. I asked why and the response was a stuttering ‘…erm, her policies!’. I asked which ones. No answer was forthcoming.

It’s just sad that folk parrot the same old shit (lies) that they are fed by the media, and do so without question.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

I made the mistake of talking about politics to someone at work last week. Can’t even recall how we got on to the subject.

Anyway, they were well trained and gave out the requisite robotic soundbites. They claimed that Nicola Sturgeon went on about independence all the time and should ‘shut up about it’ and focus on ‘other things’ (these things were never specified). Apparently we should all ‘just accept that we lost the referendum’ and ‘move on’. My point that parties lose elections all the time yet continue to campaign for the next one did not go down well (folk like this haven’t been programmed with an answer to this one yet).

He then said he hated Sturgeon. I asked why and the response was a stuttering ‘…erm, her policies!’. I asked which ones. No answer was forthcoming.

It’s just sad that folk parrot the same old shit (lies) that they are fed by the media, and do so without question.

Sadly that will probably be the same for about 90% of the electorate across the board, our future is nearly always decided by people that don't really know the score.

Is getting beat in a election the same as getting beat in a referendum,asking for a SNP friend who is confused

21 minutes ago, kevthedee said:

Is getting beat in a election the same as getting beat in a referendum,asking for a SNP friend who is confused

Once again: are all regionalists semi-literate or is it just the ones who lift their knuckles off the floor long enough to type on P&B?

3 hours ago, kevthedee said:

The Social Services work well when you consider your carer a friend.