General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

He's got a point tbf. You're monumentally thick and don't actually understand what democracy is.

Labour voters [emoji38]
Voted green last election and my understanding of democracy is very clear.

How about you and others on this site,what's your concept of democracy ??

Its fine kev,would you like to tell us all about democracy??Lets pick a year to discuss.I suggest 1979.

1 hour ago, kevthedee said:

If you're referring to the Scottish Referendum, then I think you'll find that there's been one huge "game changer" since then.

The fact that the original "project fear" centred around the fact that an independent Scotland would not be part of the EU and that the ONLY way to remain part of the EU was to vote for the status quo / remain part of the union, surely changes things dramatically ??

How many people do you reckon were put off voting for independence as they wanted to remain within the EU ?

Do you reckon that just maybe, some of these people now feel rather betrayed ??

"Once in a generation" was fair enough had things remained as they were, however when you factor in the many changes since then, such as the EU referendum result, the distinct possibility of a "Hard Brexit", the fact that the Scottish Parliament has been confirmed as powerless and inconsequential by Westminster, then I think there is definitely a case for another referendum given the enormous changes to our political and Economic landscape...............

Edited by Guest

Simple. If a party (or parties) include in their election manifesto a commitment to hold a referendum only in the event of a change, followed by that (or those parties) winning said election, which in turn is followed by that literal change happening, they should be able to hold that second referendum. This is how democracy works.

If you voted Green (you voted Labour) then you have actually contributed to putting a pro Indy government in place, which makes you a spectacularly thick c**t.

Just for the lolz and bearing the above in mind, explain your version of "democracy".

[emoji38]

Mine is different from yours - people can change their minds - I have - but then I have a mind that is open to change unlike your cemented solitary brain cell.

Simple. If a party (or parties) include in their election manifesto a commitment to hold a referendum only in the event of a change, followed by that (or those parties) winning said election, which in turn is followed by that literal change happening, they should be able to hold that second referendum. This is how democracy works.

If you voted Green (you voted Labour) then you have actually contributed to putting a pro Indy government in place, which makes you a spectacularly thick c**t.

Just for the lolz and bearing the above in mind, explain your version of "democracy".

[emoji38]

It was always going to be a pro Indy government in place anyway, but who would have thought a government without a majority to work with that has to compromise with the greens,that's fine by me.

Aviva man walking away with £6.5 million yesterday for failing (even if he had succeeded it would have been disgraceful), is just another sign of how nobody really cares about the inequality and outrageous money paid to CEO's and Directors. This all came to a head a couple of years back when there was "outrage" throughout the mainstream media, political parties and the Twitteratti, however it all just vanished with a whimper and in fact the wages at the top have continued to rise at crazy rates while the rest of us in society have been hit with "austerity max", not to mention the record amounts of homeless and the continuing increase in foodbank usage.

How will we ever change this  and does anyone in power REALLY care ??

Personally, It annoys me so much that I'd be willing to help anyone who campaigns for the return of madame guillotine..................

30 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The scary thing is that there probably are a few remedials on here who believe that Corbyn would whip his MPs to support a Tory budget.

While in reality, he will staunchly oppose the Tory budget in his speeches, while refusing to whip his band of red tories to vote against the budget.