General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

Some people wrote a letter?

An expert in childhood sleep, along with representatives of a cot death charity.

So yea, more than "some people". 

8 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

What did it actually say in the letters? Did it provide any evidence or facts to give reliability to their opinions?

Read the article for yourself. I'm not your personal news delivery service. 

15 minutes ago, The Master said:

An expert in childhood sleep, along with representatives of a cot death charity.

So yea, more than "some people".

An expert with an opinion. You'll find other experts in the field with different opinions.

15 minutes ago, The Master said:

Read the article for yourself. I'm not your personal news delivery service.

So either you didn't bother to read it yourself, or you know that the letter doesn't fit the tone of the article and therefore don't wish to state what it said.

16 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

An expert with an opinion. You'll find other experts in the field with different opinions.

Whom were quoted in the article.

16 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

So either you didn't bother to read it yourself, or you know that the letter doesn't fit the tone of the article and therefore don't wish to state what it said.

I clearly have read it because I know who wrote the letter.

You, evidently, have not.

I clearly have read it because I know who wrote the letter.
You, evidently, have not.

The BBC keep re-running this story. Is this due to laziness or does this Peter Blair guy write a couple of letters every year to the BMJ until people decide he is worth listening to?

2 hours ago, JamieThomas said:

Back to the baby boxes are we? Folk give wee Jezza a hard time for being shite opposition, but imagine that being your main go to attack for nigh on 2 years.

fuckme.png

It’s pretty much all they’ve got.  The SNP have been the establishment party in Scotland for over a decade and still have mid 40% support.

That must piss off the other parties and their MSM lackeys.

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

Whom they quoted. The message I got is the box is great for parents with newborns who might be unprepared for what is about to hit them, but a cardboard box has some disadvantages and should not be seen as a long term solution.  A well balanced article imo.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

You talking about him being hired by Facebook?
I'm surprised it wasn't Tony Blair.

Even Blair doesn't have the time to combine that with his 500 other positions...............

6 minutes ago, mjw said:

It goes on fire if you point a flame thrower at it being the main disadvantage.

Another is that new parents might think they're supposed to use the lid it comes with, apparently. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

"Jocky Wulsin" taking it particularly well.
Weirdly taking pops at her accent too. Its good that Scottish people can see beyond accent being a measure of intellect.

Apparently she shouldn't be in contention for an award, as she doesn't sound English enough. 7dTWNk4.png

Edited by BawWatchin

So much Britnat Cringe in those comments. The kind of shite my old “lived through the war” auntie comes out with. She’s an accent snob from Glasgow whose own accent, ironically, would be looked down on by the average Scotsman reader from Edinburgh. Silly old cow.