General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

Had a look at his twitter.
Was truly stunned to find the package deal of Our Boys, Brexit, MAGA, Israel, Christianity.
Not predictable in the slightest.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this guys and the others like him are being hired to foment discord and disruption.  The extreme right-wing, and by that I mean private wealth, government, the military and fascist sympathisers, has a long and dishonourable history of using violent goons to do their bidding, whether that be strikebreaking, targetting union officials and their families or attacking immigrants and minorities.  Think about it, do these folk live on fresh air or funding sufficient to enable them to take a jolly in Central London of a Monday morning ?  I very much doubt it.

Far from this shit subsiding in the wake of recent events, I expect an increase as the Brexit lobby fears that the game may soon be a bogey; rats are biologically programmed to lash out when cornered after all.  As for Soubry, don't shed too many tears for her - she dutifully damned the miners at Orgreave and elsewhere in her early incarnation as a journalist, although these days it suits her to project a more reasonable image.

14 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Seems to be the way we're heading all over. If you disagree with someone then violence is the only answer....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46792556

That's what always happens and has done throughout history.

Sections of society become disillusioned and feel completely left out, they have low income jobs or are unemployed, there's a high mortality rate in their area and low life expectancy, meanwhile they read in the papers about "Britain being a rich country", that the "average" wage is £30k p/a, that the average house price is £280k etc etc.

Do they recognise that country ?

Has anyone bothered listening to them from any of the mainstream parties, ever ?

It could be Ayrshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, parts of Lanarkshire, County Durham or wherever there's deprivation, however there comes a time when people have just had enough and of course that's one of the key reasons we've ended up with Brexit, however the next step is violence and anarchy such as we're seeing in France at the moment.

We might not all agree with it, but surely we can understand the reasons why it's happening...............

21 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if this guys and the others like him are being hired to foment discord and disruption.  The extreme right-wing, and by that I mean private wealth, government, the military and fascist sympathisers, has a long and dishonourable history of using violent goons to do their bidding, whether that be strikebreaking, targetting union officials and their families or attacking immigrants and minorities.  Think about it, do these folk live on fresh air or funding sufficient to enable them to take a jolly in Central London of a Monday morning ?  I very much doubt it.

A hard brexit with the likes of Boris and Rees Mogg taking over would be effectively like a right wing coup, with workers EU protections thrown out, financial regulations ripped up and the NHS sold piece by piece to American contractors to get a Trumpy trade deal. If it is organized I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Bannon's hovering in the background somewhere, but it just looks like a handful of nutters to me.

Edited by welshbairn

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A hard brexit with the likes of Boris and Rees Mogg taking over would be effectively like a right wing coup, with workers EU protections thrown out, financial regulations ripped up and the NHS sold piece by piece to American contractors to get a Trumpy trade deal. If it is organized I wouldn't be surprised if Steve Bannon's hovering in the background somewhere, but it just looks like a handful of nutters to me.

Those are by no means mutually exclusive.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

That's what always happens and has done throughout history.

Sections of society become disillusioned and feel completely left out, they have low income jobs or are unemployed, there's a high mortality rate in their area and low life expectancy, meanwhile they read in the papers about "Britain being a rich country", that the "average" wage is £30k p/a, that the average house price is £280k etc etc.

Do they recognise that country ?

Has anyone bothered listening to them from any of the mainstream parties, ever ?

It could be Ayrshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, parts of Lanarkshire, County Durham or wherever there's deprivation, however there comes a time when people have just had enough and of course that's one of the key reasons we've ended up with Brexit, however the next step is violence and anarchy such as we're seeing in France at the moment.

We might not all agree with it, but surely we can understand the reasons why it's happening...............

Yup, and then they're encouraged to blame all their ills on foreigners and the EU.

In fact there were a couple of scenes depicting exactly this on that Brexit drama last night.

On 1/8/2019 at 06:50, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You are one horrible, thick as mince, desperate to be accepted scumbag.

Aye, I am so keen on that.

My position is clear and unassailable: One United Kingdom as an integral part of an Economic Union with the freedoms of goods, labour and capital.  That I laugh at both brain-dead Brexiteers and empty-headed Yessers alike cheers me.

On 1/8/2019 at 13:01, welshbairn said:

Without going too far down the conspiracy road,  I did think that the sudden appearance of 'hordes' of small boat refugees in the English Channel..... did look awfully convenient timing.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, I am so keen on that.

My position is clear and unassailable: One United Kingdom as an integral part of an Economic Union with the freedoms of goods, labour and capital.  That I laugh at both brain-dead Brexiteers and empty-headed Yessers alike cheers me.

@The Chlamydia Kid is heads gone enraged that you don't 100% match the Rangers fan stereotype. You'll have to go to reeducation camp in North Ayrshire.