General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Why should anyone other than the person in the role have to fund how they dress?

There's zero need for clothing expenses. Like everyone else whoever is provost should pay for their own work clothes.

What makes you think everyone else pays for their work clothes?

Unless a specific uniform is required then everyone should have to pay for their own work clothes.

If a specific uniform, or part of it, is required then the company should provide it.

What if you're meeting the queen? Primark jeans and a tank top?

Unless a specific uniform is required then everyone should have to pay for their own work clothes.

If a specific uniform, or part of it, is required then the company should provide it.

THIS.    I've tried in umpteen posts to get that over, but was met by "aye, but what . . . . . . ." 

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

What if you're meeting the queen? Primark jeans and a tank top?

f**k the queen. 

Also why not? What's she going to do if you wear jeans? Have you put in the stocks?!

But if it's deemed important then buy something befitting the occasion. 

2 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Uh-huh and are women scrutinised in the same way as men?  I've asked lots of times but nobody's answered.

Scrutinised by who?

The people they meet? Are suggesting that someone meeting a female provost researches what they wore to previous meetings and that, if they saw an outfit was being worn again, would cause some sort of issue?

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Scrutinised by who?

The people they meet? Are suggesting that someone meeting a female provost researches what they wore to previous meetings and that, if they saw an outfit was being worn again, would cause some sort of issue?

Scrutinised by the media, of course. The Daily Record, for instance.

Just now, Baxter Parp said:

Scrutinised by the media, of course. The Daily Record, for instance.

The media are always going to be arseholes.

We shouldn't be funding a 'media scrutiny clothing' budget.

Uh-huh and are women scrutinised in the same way as men?  I've asked lots of times but nobody's answered.
Yes they are. I have a number of different suits, shirts and trousers which I wear depending on which client I am visiting. You cant hold the room in some meetings wearing a suit from Asda when the rest of the room is wearing suits costing £300 plus.