General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Not buying it. Anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of science should know that nothing I was referring to was fringe or controversial and wouldn't need to ask in the first place.
Not buying what? It's the way internet forums are and always have been. If you can't or won't back up what you're saying then the assumption is that you're talking shite. Nothing I have referred to is fringe or controversial, Tonto. Like you said, it's a football forum, so back up your shit or shut the f**k up.

16 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
20 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
Not buying it. Anyone who has a reasonable knowledge of science should know that nothing I was referring to was fringe or controversial and wouldn't need to ask in the first place.

...so back up your shit or shut the f**k up.

I have already added the links above just to show the scientifically illiterate on here that it's possible to do so. There is nothing controversial about stating that rising CO2 levels are currently helping plant growth or stating that mankind will probably not be able to ramp up fossil fuels use through to the end of the century even if we wanted to because the easily exploited reserves are finite and fast running out.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

I have already added the links above just to show the scientifically illiterate on here that it's possible to do so. There is nothing controversial about stating that rising CO2 levels are currently helping plant growth or stating that mankind will probably not be able to ramp up fossil fuels use through to the end of the century even if we wanted to because the easily exploited reserves are finite and fast running out.
I haven't commented on either issue, chum. HTH.

This is frankly outrageous when you consider how many people commute each day as well.

But those living in another band of constituencies - including Fife, Dundee, Falkirk, Glasgow and the Borders - can claim hotel expenses for bed, breakfast and an evening meal for each night they have to stay in Edinburgh.

None of these are distances out of the ordinary.

I'm not even sure if Holyrood sits late into the evening after the last train.

The way certain newspapers report these expense claims annoys me. They'll usually say "SNP MSP . . . " then blithely ignore any similar claims by MSPs from other parties.

This isn't a party political issue - that being said - if some have got the snout in the trough then there needs to be serious words with them by their respective party bosses.

It does the political system no favours at all when a few bad apples put in ridiculous claims.

https://t.co/ThdURUaKdf?amp=

While I fully accept women are held to a different standard to men with costs of haircuts, clothing and cosmetics, this sounds excessive from the Provost of Glasgow.
Excessive? It's positively outrageous. I can accept some degree of expense for attire but things like haircuts and nails and items of clothing not on display should be paid for out her own pocket.

Wonder if she will offer to repay any of it?

1 hour ago, Sunrise said:

https://t.co/ThdURUaKdf?amp=

While I fully accept women are held to a different standard to men with costs of haircuts, clothing and cosmetics, this sounds excessive from the Provost of Glasgow.

That is shocking in its own right but also hands SNP opponents a stick to beat us with.

I hope action is very quick and very effective.