General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

The highest possible standards of journalism, there.

Well, this is obviously a major story being the first time in 200 years a PM will have married when occupying Number 10.

It's not like there's anything else happening in the world apart from the Home Office chief resigning, citing allegations of bullying by Priti Patel, a virus rapidly becoming a global pandemic, with the NHS already in dire straits, millions of refugees fleeing Syria, seeking refuge in Europe, Nazanin Zagghari-Ratcliffe suspected of having contracted coronavirus , hundreds in danger of losing their homes, in floods in parts of England and Wales, but who cares -  obviously a new baby in Number 10 is bound to see all these events pale into insignificance.

Do we get the press we deserve in this country?

Edited by ICTJohnboy

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Well, this is obviously a major story being the first time in 200 years a PM will have married when occupying Number 10.

It's not like there's anything else happening in the world apart from the Home Office chief resigning, citing allegations of bullying by Priti Patel, a virus rapidly becoming a global pandemic, with the NHS already in dire straits, millions of refugees fleeing Syria, seeking refuge in Europe, Nazanin Zagghari-Ratcliffe suspected of having contracted coronavirus , hundreds in danger of losing their homes, in floods in parts of England and Wales, but who cares -  obviously a new baby in Number 10 is bound to see all these events pale into insignificance.

Johnson marrying a woman because she is going to have his baby.

Actually that is new.

The right-wing certainly does.

Pretty shocking that someone tried to kill themselves twice because of patels bullying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-bully-staff-suicide-conservative-boris-johnson-a9370731.html%3famp

Seems like shes a total incompetent moron. Anyone who acts like this must be so far out of control.

Quite enjoying the low key antics of the Sunday Post vs Muriel Gray

Still find it disproportionately funny that her son is Denis Sulta sorry that’s all I have to add.

The lying c**t Johnson refusing to say if he was aware of previous allegations against Patel before appointing her to the cabinet.

Since his campaign to become PM he has managed to avoid any serious scrutiny and I can only see that continuing.

On 03/03/2020 at 09:15, D.A.F.C said:

Pretty shocking that someone tried to kill themselves twice because of patels bullying.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-bully-staff-suicide-conservative-boris-johnson-a9370731.html%3famp

Seems like shes a total incompetent moron. Anyone who acts like this must be so far out of control.

I think you'll find people just don't like her because she's a woman.

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I think you'll find people just don't like her because she's a woman.

That might apply to a few people but it's hardly likely that the Perm Sec at the Home Office did a flounce because he couldn't work with a female. 

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

*watches Miguel's post scream over HTG at 30000 feet through binoculars*

It was still early and yesterday I maybe passed within a yard of someone who'd been to Italy or, you know, one of them loser countries so cut me some slack.

4 hours ago, HTG said:

It was still early and yesterday I maybe passed within a yard of someone who'd been to Italy or, you know, one of them loser countries so cut me some slack.

^^^ can't handle a strong woman telling him what to do type post