Modern shite patter

Hampden Diehard

Catfish is in interesting one. I have seen the original catfish movie where this came from - and it started with an adult man befriending a little girl online. Turns out the girl is actually an adult but still, the first part of that is glossed over. 

The adult woman who was pretending to be the girl had a partner who was grumbling away incoherently about catfish. That's how the term started. 

21 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Catfish is in interesting one. I have seen the original catfish movie where this came from - and it started with an adult man befriending a little girl online. Turns out the girl is actually an adult but still, the first part of that is glossed over. 

The adult woman who was pretending to be the girl had a partner who was grumbling away incoherently about catfish. That's how the term started. 

TBF, it's the young girl's older sister that he's interested in!  :lol: Although, aye, a guy in his twenties chatting with children online is ill-advised at best.

That film annoyed the piss out of me as it was advertised as a horror movie and the reality was very dull by comparison. Didn't help that everyone in it was a self-absorbed c**t either.

• 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Penalties are now pens to join the depressing lexicon of Modern Football.

Still better than "pennos". Or should that be "pennoes"?

Oh God, kill me now.

22 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Seeing the words "gentle reminder" at the start of an email sends me into a seething rage. Not sure if it counts as modern patter.

Never seen a "gentle reminder" given where the originator wasn't clearly wishing they could be the exact opposite of gentle.

• 2 months later...

This isn't shite patter and it's definitely a "yer Da" moment for me but I am reading an article about a young guy that shot someone with a BB gun and I don't know what they mean. There is no explanation in the story.

Wtf is Mum's life?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/come-outsidemums-life-ill-yous-23122300

Screenshot_20220222-133444_Facebook.thumb.jpg.7c52db18bc19a9a5709e90ac4a7ae038.jpg

3 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

This isn't shite patter and it's definitely a "yer Da" moment for me but I am reading an article about a young guy that shot someone with a BB gun and I don't know what they mean. There is no explanation in the story.

It's a ball bearing gun.