Raith v Livi

We are just absolutely honking, Raith Rovers hardly had to get out of 2nd gear and won comfortably.

There is clearly an attitude problem within the dressing room, raise there game against the so called bigger teams and play like that today, it's not really a surprise though.

We showed a complete lack of fight, no comittment, shat out of every single 50/50 tackle and where pedestrian when we did have the ball.

Night and day to last week.

I can't see us getting out of trouble and tbh it wouldn't be that surprising to see Alloa beating us to 9th place.

The whole club is a shambles, from the board room to the dug out to the players on the pitch, none of them care about the club, if they showed as much effort as the fans that go to watch that pish week in week out we may do ok, bunch of imposters.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was good to finally see us get a win. Even better that it was at Starks so I witnessed it.

The defensive worries never materialised as Davo and Barr coped admirably with Livi's forwards. Personally, I had Davo as man of the match.

My only gripe is that we always - for years now - sit on a lead. When we go 2-0 up we sit back and invite the opposition to try and score. As a fan, it would be nice if we could try and go for a few more goals against teams like Livi, who obviously aren't great.

Hopefully we can get another win against Morton next week. COYR!

Really solid performance from the Rovers today.

Both Davidson and Barr were solid albeit Buchanan and White were powder puff. Connelly was fantastic and linked up really, really well with Harry.

Looks like Stewart has started to find a bit of confidence and his reaction to ponce on the Livi mistake was spot on.

Was then great to see Connelly round of his good performance with a goal as well.

Livi were poor but it was great to pick up a win and three points.

From Saint to sinner?

Right, has anyone seen this guy? I seriously worry for his sanity wellbeing.

There was a Livi fan at the top of the stairs - youngish short ginger haired chap - who was positively frothing at the mouth at full-time.

First Raith game I've managed to get to for ages, one way and another. Reasonable enough performance - not sure I thought it was quite as comfortable as others seem to have, White (who I rate, btw) caused us some problems but never got the break of the ball.

Lovely bit of football for the second goal though, worth the win for that alone. And credit to McKinnon for changing formation when Livi briefly threatened to get back into it at 0-2.

Willie Collum looking inconsistent as ever, books Robertson for nothing then ignore a two footed lunge by a Livi player

Nah, no way. I know I'm soft on refs but there was nothing wrong there. Robertson was rightly booked for a pretty cynical challenge to prevent what momentarily looked like it might be a dangerous break, and the Livi foul that seemed to upset people a few minutes later was nothing much. The player was spoken to but it didn't warrant anything more than that.

Assuming he was right about the tackle on Connolly being ball first, I can't think of a bad decision all game. (Livi's penalty claims were joke efforts.)

We are just absolutely honking, Raith Rovers hardly had to get out of 2nd gear and won comfortably.

There is clearly an attitude problem within the dressing room, raise there game against the so called bigger teams and play like that today, it's not really a surprise though.

We showed a complete lack of fight, no comittment, shat out of every single 50/50 tackle and where pedestrian when we did have the ball.

I can't see us getting out of trouble and tbh it wouldn't be that surprising to see Alloa beating us to 9th place.

The whole club is a shambles, from the board room to the dug out to the players on the pitch, none of them care about the club, if they showed as much effort as the fans that go to watch that pish week in week out we may do ok, bunch of imposters.

Spot on. We're fucked.

Right, has anyone seen this guy? I seriously worry for his sanity wellbeing.

:lol: Martindale's Ching Army rolls on, I do hope we are better than Airdrie and teams like that. Don't fancy going to places like Stranraer and Angus.

Old guy sitting to the far-left of the stand behind the goals, was going absolutely mental at McKinnon for bringing on Anderson today. A brief boo, followed by "yer f***ing useless McKinnon" Remarkable. He's the same every game, an absolute plamf.

Anyway, McKinnon apparently said afterwards that we were good, but not great, and that was probably about right.

Centre-halves were fine, although McKeown had to be sharp to cover for them a few times. As for Thomson, it's been mentioned umpteen times, but he adds so much more oomph down that right hand side.

Quite liked the look of Harry and Stewart up-front. The former had hard lines with the one that hit the bar, and Stewart did excellently at the second goal. Pretty annoyed that he didn't stop the ball on the line, get on his knees and head it over for his goal, but that's a minor grumble.

Still think the middle of the park is an issue. Callachan looks completely devoid of confidence, and his passing ability seems to have vanished. Presumably he'll drop out and Davidson will move forward next week.

On the plus side, Connolly looks a great acquisition, and for arguably the first time this season, we've someone who can create something several times per game from open play. We've lacked that since Vaughan got goosed.

Reasonably hopeful they can make it two in a row next week. Morton appear to be in a bit of a funk at the moment, although you'd imagine they couldn't be any worse than Livi were today, who were pleasingly guff.

Pretty sure on the Livi Facebook page where the match report is there is a boy called Gui Santana advertising himself to the club who is 13 years old, is that how bad things have got :lol:

A very important win today. Good to see us score a couple of goals for the second game in succession as well.

We now have something to build upon, and even if we weren't brilliant we beat what was out there in front of us - that is all that really matters. Regardless, I think we can pin the last couple of weeks down as an encouraging improvement looking forward.

There majority of livi fans were gushing a couple of weeks ago at how great Hopkin and the Ching man had done in the transfer window. I had my doubts as Players like Faria, gibbons and Neil were pushed out - not the greatest but battlers at this level. We have no defensive midfielders at all and are now a complete soft touch.

Archived