Raith v Livi

Sat in the main stand for the game for a change. Less seethe than the South stand but the pillars are a bit of a nuisance. Felt that Stewart did exceptionally well on the second goal, keeping a calm head to look up and realise he could run the ball in further. Delighted for wee Connolly who's been excellent since signing. We sat back a lot in the second and a better team might have punished us. Was quite surprised Robbo wasn't taken off for Matthews.

Either way, happy to finally get a win. Hopefully we'll see rangers do us a favour tomorrow.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had McKeown as my MoM , some of his covering and distribution in the first half in particular was excellent and he is quickly becoming our Mr Consistent. Stewart and Harry can be great once they are fully on each others wavelength , signs are very encouraging. Ross needs a rest, looks nervy on the ball Granty wide and Craigen or McCord central next week please.

First Raith game I've managed to get to for ages, one way and another. Reasonable enough performance - not sure I thought it was quite as comfortable as others seem to have, White (who I rate, btw) caused us some problems but never got the break of the ball.

Lovely bit of football for the second goal though, worth the win for that alone. And credit to McKinnon for changing formation when Livi briefly threatened to get back into it at 0-2.

Nah, no way. I know I'm soft on refs but there was nothing wrong there. Robertson was rightly booked for a pretty cynical challenge to prevent what momentarily looked like it might be a dangerous break, and the Livi foul that seemed to upset people a few minutes later was nothing much. The player was spoken to but it didn't warrant anything more than that.

Assuming he was right about the tackle on Connolly being ball first, I can't think of a bad decision all game. (Livi's penalty claims were joke efforts.)

I still stand with what I said at the time, that being said there was zero controversy after that and he probably had a decent game overall.

Decent result but not much to get excited about in the performance. Barr and Davo were excellent though and both full-backs did well. Craigen and Callachan anonymous and poor respectively. Robertson actually had a pretty good game considering he was walking a tightrope from early on.

Disappointed that Harry went off as I was hoping he'd break his duck. Unlucky with the shot hitting the bar. Stewart was lively and earned his goal for chasing a lost cause. Great work for the second goal too.

Nervy finish - far nervier than it should have been - as we sat back and invited pressure. That said, Cuthbert didn't really have a save to make which summed up Livi's day.

Not much of a game, but the win is gratefully received. It puts to bed any lingering worries about relegation. Two horrendous bits of defending by Livingston (both times the no 6 I think). Some good individual performances by our back four, and also Stewart, but our midfield was posted missing once again. I wasn't that convinced by the contribution of the Leicester guy and would like to see Hardie start ahead of him next week.

Didn,t think there was much between the two teams.We were gifted the opener and apart from the shot by Harry that hit the bar was probably the only way we're going to score.

A pretty average game of football between two average teams generally berift of goalmouth action

Didn,t think there was much between the two teams.We were gifted the opener and apart from the shot by Harry that hit the bar was probably the only way we're going to score.

A pretty average game of football between two average teams generally berift of goalmouth action

Livvi were shite.

Yeah and we were just not as shite as them that's why I said there was much between the teams.Of course your attempts at trying to be the smart Arsenal of the forum you,ll not have read that

Feel free though to dissect my post where I said it was two average sides and a game berift of goalmouth action

Yeah and we were just not as shite as them that's why I said there was much between the teams.Of course your attempts at trying to be the smart Arsenal of the forum you,ll not have read that

Feel free though to dissect my post where I said it was two average sides and a game berift of goalmouth action

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35568007

And?

two average teams generally berift of goalmouth action

I'll forgive the spelling mistake, however there was a host of goalmouth action from both sides,

Fortunately we were fortunate for the first and for the second, well, Stewart had all the time in the world, not only to check if he was onside, but to cross to Connelly for the decider.

I wasn't that convinced by the contribution of the Leicester guy and would like to see Hardie start ahead of him next week.

Surely you're joking?

I thought him and Connolly were the 2 players who looked our most creative all game. He ran his socks off all game and his attitude is tremendous. Compare him to other loanees were have and it's night and day. His technique when he hit that shot in the half was fantastic. He's played a 20 mins against against Rangers, a game on a snowy artificial pitch last week and a game on a, let's be honest, poor suffice today. He's getting up to speed and will only get better.

Hardie looked decent when he came on but he's only 18 and in the same position in that he's lacking match practice.

I think of you look at our forward line just now it's very exciting. I'm looking at 5 out of the next 6 games and thinking 15 points is perfectly possible. Of course we could end up with none but it's a great opportunity for us to sement 4th place.

Archived