Raith v Livi

Front 3 of Stewart, Harry and Hardie? Now there's a thought. It also means we can rest players like Robertson and Callachan that are long overdue a wee rest..

Not really, if we were going to go that rout then likelihood is we'd play 3 central players in midfield.

Robertson and Callachan could both do with a time on the bench though. What does it say about McCord that he can't get a game ahead of those pair at the minute?

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still no real update on who's playing centre half, might be the gaffer that's keeping it under wrap to bamboozle Livi haha. Regardless of the back line I do fancy us to win tomorrow. 2-1.

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr (if fit) Davo (if fit) McKeown

McCord Robertson (sigh!)

Connelly Craigen Longbridge

Stewart Harry

Doubt that young boy from Rangers will start but I think he'll feature at some point.

Still no real update on who's playing centre half, might be the gaffer that's keeping it under wrap to bamboozle Livi haha. Regardless of the back line I do fancy us to win tomorrow. 2-1.

Cuthbert

Thomson Barr (if fit) Davo (if fit) McKeown

McCord Robertson (sigh!)

Connelly Craigen Longbridge

Stewart Harry

Doubt that young boy from Rangers will start but I think he'll feature at some point.

Aye, we might win with that line up - given you've got 12 guys on the field :whistle

Courier suggests Davidson will play, and that its between Barr and Robertson to fill the other CB spot.

I can't make this game and I'm oddly gutted about it. Harry and Hardie hat-tricks. 7-6 Livi.

Courier suggests Davidson will play, and that its between Barr and Robertson to fill the other CB spot.

I can't make this game and I'm oddly gutted about it. Harry and Hardie hat-tricks. 7-6 Livi.

Christ, you'd have thought there'd be no question of it being Barr.

Christ, you'd have thought there'd be no question of it being Barr.

Maybe he's decided that Robertson is finished as a midfielder and is trying to convert him to a centre back. Worked for Simmons that night at Pittodrie.

Think the bigger worry is Barr limps off after 10 minutes never to be seen again. He'll only play if he's fit to do so, which is fair enough.

Ellis hasn't even been mentioned as a possibility so it's fair to say him time as a player is up. Which was clear anyway but still...

Wonder if Robertson can play in the centre of defence? That'd give us a far more attacking option down the right.

Other than that it's pretty much bang on what I'd opt for too given the poor midfield displays of late.

I was saying this as soon as I heard the news of the suspensions. We need Thomson at right back and Robertson is surely experienced enough to drop back into the centre and play alongside Davo. I think Barr will be on the bench as I can't see him lasting 90 mins in a competitive match after that long out.

If Robertson does drop into defence then I'd expect Matthews and Callachan to play in the middle with Craigan, Connolly, Stewart and Harry up top like last week. McCord has let too many games go past him to be brought back in.

Leaves a few options on the bench with Anderson, Longridge and Hardie to come on.

Aye, we might win with that line up - given you've got 12 guys on the field :whistle

Hahaha what an arse! Normally the fans are the 12th man...

Well in that case get Robertson to f*ck and have McCord in front of the defence.

Hahaha what an arse! Normally the fans are the 12th man...

Well in that case get Robertson to f*ck and have McCord in front of the defence.

Which would be fine if they could pick a pass.....

Is there any evidence whatsoever that Robertson would be able to play CB semi-competently?

I want Thomson to play at RB as much as anyone does, but if that comes at the expense of having to put a player who won't cope at CB then it could backfire. We need to be very careful about what we're looking to do:

Great RB/Shit CB v semi-competent CB/semi-competent RB etc.

Either way, we are firefighting.

Of course, Craig Barr might just play any way and save us worrying (except maybe that'll get injured again). And Robertson might be alright at CB. It's the mystery that keeps us all interested.

Livingston fans in Turnbull Hutton (Main) Stand:

http://www.raithrovers.net/23508/match-preview-livingston.htm

Out of interest is the railway end not used ? We got put in there last season and it was brilliant, would much rather be in there than the old main stand.

Is it restricted viewing in there ?

I'd imagine it's having to open up a whole stand with catering, stewards, police etc when we can put them in the corner of the main stand where that's all covered.

Really do have to wonder how the cash flow is at the moment given the postponement we've seen this season. It's ridiculous we're still playing in winter.

I'd imagine it's having to open up a whole stand with catering, stewards, police etc when we can put them in the corner of the main stand where that's all covered.

Really do have to wonder how the cash flow is at the moment given the postponement we've seen this season. It's ridiculous we're still playing in winter.

To be fair, we get shit weather any time from Nov > March. That would be one fucker of a break with no football.

Archived