Are modern lassies mentalists?

Newbornbairn

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My uni mate girlfriend has done this aswell. It was her idea but He thinks its "cute" as they can both see where each other are and are now safer aswell.....

Fucking wierdos

I don't really get that people think they are safer. Sure I could see where the OH is but I've no idea what he's doing or what condition he's in. Sure he could be getting his head kicked in or he might have decided to go to a new pub or something.

Unless you are going to run down to where they are or call the police if they aren't where they should be, it's a fucking waste of time.

Overhead a conversation earlier where a guy was fretting about telling his bird that he was going on holiday later in the year. Apparently he was going to 'catch hell for it'. A lassie who was involved in the conversation said she wouldn't let her boyfriend do it.

What the f**k?! Why is that sort of thing a reality for people? Imagine having to tiptoe around and ask for permission for things from your partner. It's breathtakingly pathetic and wrong. How people become such a twisted arsehole that they feel they have the right to control someone like that? And how do folk become so spineless as to accept it and not just say 'f**k off'?

Overhead a conversation earlier where a guy was fretting about telling his bird that he was going on holiday later in the year. Apparently he was going to 'catch hell for it'. A lassie who was involved in the conversation said she wouldn't let her boyfriend do it.

What the f**k?! Why is that sort of thing a reality for people? Imagine having to tiptoe around and ask for permission for things from your partner. It's breathtakingly pathetic and wrong. How people become such a twisted arsehole that they feel they have the right to control someone like that? And how do folk become so spineless as to accept it and not just say 'f**k off'?

T.B.F. I can see why a holiday might be a step too far for many couples - it's hardly a few beers with the mates.

In general I agree that you shouldn't be having to get permission and asking for things from your partner.

I don't agree in the case of a holiday though, if the two are say living together etc - generally both money and holiday time can be a bit scarce for folk and it's a bit unfair to spend a chunk of the family silver on a holiday with your mates and not even mention it in passing till its done.

It's a bit different when you aren't living together but I don't see any harm in mentioning it before you decide to book it rather than announcing the done deal.

It usually is. Even if it isn't, what exactly is the issue?

I meant you can hardly compare a holiday to having a few beers with your mates. The issue is about money maybe, time apart maybe and let's not be naive and ignore the obvious if it's a holiday with the lads. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, just that I can understand why the boy might be worried about telling his bird.

In general I agree that you shouldn't be having to get permission and asking for things from your partner.

I don't agree in the case of a holiday though, if the two are say living together etc - generally both money and holiday time can be a bit scarce for folk and it's a bit unfair to spend a chunk of the family silver on a holiday with your mates and not even mention it in passing till its done.

It's a bit different when you aren't living together but I don't see any harm in mentioning it before you decide to book it rather than announcing the done deal.

He was worried to tell her so just booked it on the sly (mentalist behaviour on his part I'd say) though. It's his own savings he's using as well, not their joint account or 'family money'.

I really fail to see the problem.

He was worried to tell her so just booked it on the sly (mentalist behaviour on his part I'd say) though. It's his own savings he's using as well, not their joint account or 'family money'.

I really fail to see the problem.

No wonder he's afraid to say anything to her he's booked it without her even knowing... Poor. Doing that will obviously lead to a lack of trust right away surely?

And it depends where the holiday was too I'd say. Different if it was for an occasion/stag do etc it shouldn't really matter but if he's just decided to f**k off to Maga for no reason then that's a bit shitty, depending on the age of the guy as well I suppose.

There was no confirmation he was going on a lads holiday. He could be off to Magaluf to f**k everything that moves or he could be off to Barcelona for a few days to look at museums.

Fair point...but seems he didn't invite her or tell her before booking-kinda leaves him swimming against the tide regardless.

Anyone who doesn't understand why a woman would be upset at her partner going on a lads holiday has either never done one or is doing it wrong

I booked a weekend in Amsterdam with a few friends. She's still barely talking to me, despite agreeing to let me go.

Win/win.

Incidents such as this one don't exactly inspire confidence:

To cut a long story short, she hijacked the taxi someone else had ordered, taxi driver told her to get out, & she went mental. Contrary to the reports, the driver was told not to press charges as the police said he'd zero chance of a conviction, but got her to pay "damages" (little more than enough to repair his broken mobile phone).

By this time, the vid had had gone viral, with everyone pissed that she'd played the class card (words to the effect of "I'm a doctor & you're just dirt beneath me"), race card & just for good measure the "I can hit your if I want because I'm a woman & immune from assault charges" card. If this was some cunning plan to get all the reactionaries behind Saunders & Trump at the New Hampshire primary, my hat to her, she succeeded.

Just for good measure, she went on a TV tour shedding crocodile tears which consisted of 10 seconds of apology & several minutes of whining that she was the victim in all this as her career is "ruined" (in fact it wasn't... until she did the TV shows!).

I bet she's a great screw, though.

Yo. Regularly got rows for heading off on trips with pals. Received several days of silence after booking to head off to France to see Everton with my old man, followed by a weekend in London with my pals for the NFL. For the record, I was entirely up front about saying that I was planning on doing this, invited her, was paying for it with my own cash and away for the total of five days.

We're no longer together.

I've been on plenty holidays without my wife.

She's been on plenty holidays without me.

We've been on plenty holidays together.

I guess we just trust each other and don't feel the need to fit a tracker round each others necks.

Some couples make me sick with their lies.

Pretend they love each other and act all high and mighty that they're the greatest thing since slice bread and could run a course teaching other couples.

Fact is they don't trust each other to even go away.

Pathetic

Archived