Are modern lassies mentalists?

Newbornbairn

I was with a lassie about 3 years ago who when I told her I'd booked Sunny Beach for June 2014 with the lads lads lads, proceeded to book a week in Malia with her mates the week before I went away.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its more about balance. If you can't talk about stuff like going away on holiday without your partner then you have issues thats worse than just a holiday, you should be able to talk about it beforehand without getting grief. That said it's a bit nicer to talk to your partner before you actually book it, hiding it seems a bit secretive and just makes the trust issues worse and I just think its kind of courtesy to tell them what your plans are.

Like Gaz FFC above, I go away on holiday's without my OH and he goes away without me, we go away together a lot as well. I have no issues at all with him going but i think i'd be a bit miffed if he booked it and didn't say, not because i don't trust him but because of the stuff i'd said before, we live together and don't get loads of time off or have loads of cash so when we go away it takes up a chunk of both of that.

Obviously if your OH (male or female) has form for being a cheating w****r then you're going to have some issues already (not saying thats the case here, just in general).

I was with a lassie about 3 years ago who when I told her I'd booked Sunny Beach for June 2014 with the lads lads lads, proceeded to book a week in Malia with her mates the week before I went away.

Is that a bad thing? Maybe you just gave her the idea to go on holiday??

I'm away to Ibiza with the boys in July, the girl is away to Marbella with her pals in July as well. We are just back from NYC together. Fact is some holidays are just better to go on with friends than in a couple and some are a lot better in a couple, the majority of both groups are in relationships so it's not about going riding anything and everything or whatever just that going somewhere like Ibiza with my pals to get smashed and doing 10am lines while partying til 6 in the morning isn't really something me or the better half would do with each other and were not going to miss out of holidays we both love doing just cause we're not going together.

Went on a holiday with my mates when I was with my ex. I hated her already and was desperate to get rid of her, was just waiting on an excuse as to not look like an arsehole about it. She demanded a few 'rules'; I'd take my phone and text her when we were heading out, getting back to the hotel etc, no strip clubs or anything like that.

The first night was a success: I forgot my phone and was too fucked to remember getting back to the hotel, and my mate tweeted that he took me to a titty bar (which didn't even happen). Hence the 100+ missed calls and texts in the morning and the remainder of the holiday being a fucking shambles.

She spent the next few days telling me how much of a c**t I was, and I spent the whole time apologising. After day 5 or so, I gave up and thought "fair enough, GTF." Cue the next couple of days of her greeting down the phone and begging for me back. I pied most of it and my pals were fucking delighted that I had seemingly got rid of her. I bottled it on the last day and agreed to sort it out when I got home. Shitebag behaviour of the highest order. We went out for about 9 (fucking atrocious) months after that before I just couldn't bare it anymore.

The entire relationship was an enormous mistake, but the holiday was the pinnacle of the shiteness. On top of that, I never got to see my pals (think I went out drinking about 3 times without her in 18 moths) and she even stopped me - sometimes successfully, sometimes not - to even go to the football. Mentalist of the highest order.

Went on a holiday with my mates when I was with my ex. I hated her already and was desperate to get rid of her, was just waiting on an excuse as to not look like an arsehole about it. She demanded a few 'rules'; I'd take my phone and text her when we were heading out, getting back to the hotel etc, no strip clubs or anything like that.

The first night was a success: I forgot my phone and was too fucked to remember getting back to the hotel, and my mate tweeted that he took me to a titty bar (which didn't even happen). Hence the 100+ missed calls and texts in the morning and the remainder of the holiday being a fucking shambles.

She spent the next few days telling me how much of a c**t I was, and I spent the whole time apologising. After day 5 or so, I gave up and thought "fair enough, GTF." Cue the next couple of days of her greeting down the phone and begging for me back. I pied most of it and my pals were fucking delighted that I had seemingly got rid of her. I bottled it on the last day and agreed to sort it out when I got home. Shitebag behaviour of the highest order. We went out for about 9 (fucking atrocious) months after that before I just couldn't bare it anymore.

The entire relationship was an enormous mistake, but the holiday was the pinnacle of the shiteness. On top of that, I never got to see my pals (think I went out drinking about 3 times without her in 18 moths) and she even stopped me - sometimes successfully, sometimes not - to even go to the football. Mentalist of the highest order.

Did your phone not have an off button?

I was in Malia with a group of pals from Uni last summer. One of the #lads burds wasn't too pleased at the fact there were 2 lassies in the group who were coming with us. On the train back from Manchester Airport, we had to go through every photo and make sure there were none of him standing next to any girls. We got a decent #squad photo taken on the last night which ended up being excluded from the holiday album because he was next to one of the girls in it. We tried cropping him out but he was still insisting it wasn't put on Facebook because you could vaguely make out his knee in it.

He's still with her but we've hardly seen him since the holiday. I'm starting to think that one of the conditions of him going is that he's only ever allowed it when she's there.

We tried cropping him out but he was still insisting it wasn't put on Facebook because you could vaguely make out his knee in it.

:lol:

I'm in the library for f**k's sake.

I can't understand why people don't want their partners going out with their mates. I can't wait to get shot of mine for the evening so I can enjoy a nice curry and some quality television without him moaning that he doesn't like what I'm watching.

They do!'t know what they are missing.

Aye folk need their own space and to do their own thing.

If you just spent time with your partner all the time you would end up despising each other most likely.

At a place I used to work, there was a manager who shared an office with his assistant. At a Xmas party they got together, and ended up married and now have three kids. They shared an office for about 5 years before she went off to pup the kids out. Mental

I can't understand why people don't want their partners going out with their mates. I can't wait to get shot of mine for the evening so I can enjoy a nice curry and some quality television without him moaning that he doesn't like what I'm watching.

A lot of lassies will automatically assume that their boyfriends are just out to get their hole elsewhere. Again, social media etc has contributed to this with shows like Sun, Sex and Suspicious Parents where guys in relationships go out and pump someone else. According to a lot of girls, a guy going for a night out with his mates is never just that; it's a night filled with pulling strangers and lying through their teeth.

I have a habit of telling my missus that I'm going out for 2 and I'll be back at 10, when what I really mean is I'm going out for 10 and I'll be back at 2.

In Scotland that was assumed. Over here you have to be specific. Now she dislikes it if I make plans to go out with my friends or go to the football as she feels it's a lottery as to what state and time I will turn up.

Reading some of the angst on here makes me glad I'm celebrating my (our) 40th wedding anniversary later this week. I couldn't be arsed with all the worries or issues - sounds like too much hard work.

We've never had separate holidays but I suppose that's a generational thing.

Archived