Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pitch at Forthbank is back to its best after a few seasons where it had degenerated.

The pitch never used to lose games to excessive rain until about 5 years ago. The rumour I heard, from someone I would describe as reliable, was that the special drainage system which allows water to drain from the site into the Forth but not allow water to go back the other way had not been used properly for quite some years (roughly corresponding to when games started to be called off for flooding) due to staff changes at the council/Active Stirling. They had to get someone in from Soutars of Stirling, who used to look after the pitch years ago, to show them how to use it.

The football club have also borrowed a machine from the cricket club which blows air deep into the soil and breaks up the compacted soil and allows better drainage.

Clyde fans who see the pitch tonight will think it is fantastic - remember two teams play on that pitch as the Uni team circumvents their inadequate facilities at the uni to play in the Lowland league at Forthbank.

The only reason east fife aren't mid table dross is they have played about 6 more games than us. Normal service will soon be resumed ;)

Only one team can get more points than East Fife if they were to win all their games in hand, as things stand... and it isn't Clyde.

Normal service is Clyde being pish. We haven't broken from that for a long time.

Only one team can get more points than East Fife if they were to win all their games in hand, as things stand... and it isn't Clyde.

Normal service is Clyde being pish. We haven't broken from that for a long time.

don't think counting is a strong point up Methil way :)

once you ran out of fingers that was you goosed try taking your shoes and socks off next time

ps pretty unlikely we will win all our games in hand

Tries to fish then makes himself look an idiot, good try :lol:

Well that went well. I am suitably ashamed. :ph34r:

You're both still dross though.

Fair play to you Gordon, gave me a good laugh! :lol:

I'm looking forward to this game tonight; I always enjoy the short trip through to Stirling. I couldn't make the first game of the season at Forthbank but Stirling played us off the park earlier in the season at Broadwood.

It should be a tough game but I'm (perhaps optimistically) hoping for a narrow Clyde victory.

2-1 Clyde

I think I commented as much at the time but the last game at Broadwood was the hardest match report I've had to produce. Literally nothing happened bar a goal and red card.

Really looking forward to a night game; as always, get the first goal and we'll probably win.

real difficult one to predict couple of month ago I thought stirling were the team to beat for the title don't know if like Annan the scottish cup caused them to take their eye off the ball in terms of the league as I said early could be anything tonight

don't usually say this but would take a draw right now

the league is nuts couple of months ago east fife were nowhere now in with a right chance Elgin for me looked a stick couple of weeks ago

this is the time to string 5 /6 wins in a row if you want to win the league ,I'm not sure any of the teams will go up via the play offs

Strange - Forfar only beaten in the playoff final last year to Alloa.

Where has it all went wrong ?

No recovered from losing Dick Campbell ?

Bechin were always an organised outfit too.

I think since we joined the league only once has the 2nd. bottom team in the Third /League2 won the playoffs.

Probably so used to defeats.

Archived