Stirling Albion v Clyde

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stirling cheated again...

We were beat fair and square on Saturday, but for any genuine fan there tonight will agree we should have won that tonight, poor decisions from the ref. and the woodwork on at least 3 occasions. although that could be down to poor finishing or bad luck depending what glasses you have on.

We ultimately paid the price for poor finishing and should have put the game to bed in the first half.

Clyde won the game with two of the dodgiest penalty decisions I have ever seen.

I knew when Doris's free kick came back off the bar that it wasn't going to be our night.

There's a lot of Clyde fans on the wind-up here but I was shocked at how little they created. Especially Gemmill who looks like a poor aquisition.

As Bino says, possibly the worst referee in Scottish football.

I have just watched a game where 2 bad decisions by an incompetent referee has cost us the 3 points. How he can say that the 2nd penalty he gave was a deliberate hand ball is beyond me. As for the 1st penalty I did not have a clear view but again I would have to question the referee`s judgement on that decision.

As for Clyde it came as no surprise to me that they had a player sent off. the number of bad fouls the referee let then away with before he took action was amazing.

Lady luck certainly was not on our side tonight, hitting the post and bar .

Still at least it was a better performance tonight than Saturday but the fact remains that once again we come away with no points. Only hope we can get something at Annan on Saturday.

Fair play re comments from Clyde fans re first half hour, agreed it was very open and frankly when Gemmil tapped home that offside goal (which was going in before he touched it!!) we gained confidence from it, scored and looked like it was our night, but to lose two pens like that and be denied one of our own, it's very hard to take

I can understand Stirling fans frustrations but to make it out that you were the only harshly treated by poor officiating is a bit off. Your goal itself was yards offside in he build. That came direct from a Stirling fan.

Both teams missed chances although we missed the more clear cut in the second half in my opinion. Two sitters in particular that would have put is in the lead at 1-0 not long before the goal and then for 3-1. Plus the offside goal which was going in anyway. Also thought there was a decent shout for a penalty on Gormley in the first half.

As I said I completely understand Stirling's frustrations re the ref but he was equally shite for both.

I can understand Stirling fans frustrations but to make it out that you were the only harshly treated by poor officiating is a bit off. Your goal itself was yards offside in he build. That came direct from a Stirling fan.

Both teams missed chances although we missed the more clear cut in the second half in my opinion. Two sitters in particular that would have put is in the lead at 1-0 not long before the goal and then for 3-1. Plus the offside goal which was going in anyway. Also thought there was a decent shout for a penalty on Gormley in the first half.

As I said I completely understand Stirling's frustrations re the ref but he was equally shite for both.

Ye but he gave Clyde 2 penalties that from most people on here were never penalties, hence 3 points gifted to Clyde.

Blaming the referee is an easy route to apportioning blame for a defeat but that was an absolute shocker of a referee performance.

Didn't get a clean view of the first penalty as I had just arrived back at my seat but my mate was down the other end and says it was an elbow on our player - so Clyde get a penalty ...... Hmmmmmmm... Me no understand.

The second penalty was a joke. No chance it was deliberate but if that is the referee's interpretation of the rule then why did the Albion not get a penalty for the same thing in the final minutes.

Our players were taken out and our player got booked for limping off too slowly. Prize fud of a referee.

I haven't seen the Albion fans trying to get at a referee coming off the field at the end of a game like that since Hugh Dallas about 20 years ago. Astonishingly bad.

Still not as bad as Mike McCurry against Airdrie at Broadwood.

Archived