WrestleMania 32

JamieStevenson

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, and here's a tip. When it comes to sitting down and watching the show, do you really care about the booking in the build up? You've got a series of matches which look, on paper, excellent. So why not just sit back and enjoy the show and the matches for what they are? The booking has been pretty shit, but f**k it. I'm going to be staying up to watch a quality wrestling show and that's what it should at least provide.

Guest bernardblack

The two main event matches look mediocre on paper, but I'm sure they'll provide plenty entertainment once all the smoke and mirrors come into play.

I'm looking forward to Lesnar vs Ambrose and Jericho vs Styles the most. The rest of the undercard wouldn't look out of place on an episode of Main Event.

The show won't be anywhere near as bad as WM 9, I'm expecting something middling like WM 2000 or 25.

I love WM25

What was so bad about WrestleMania IX?

The togas for one. Shudder. Todd Pettengill  for another.

Oh and the matches were almost all absolute gash.

Oh, and here's a tip. When it comes to sitting down and watching the show, do you really care about the booking in the build up? You've got a series of matches which look, on paper, excellent. So why not just sit back and enjoy the show and the matches for what they are? The booking has been pretty shit, but f**k it. I'm going to be staying up to watch a quality wrestling show and that's what it should at least provide.

Yes. A good build up makes matches feel much more meaningful and add to the excitement.

Although I can enjoy matches with a shit/no build up. I just prefer them to have a good and meaningful build up.

I love WM25

It's a quality Mania let down by a flat as f**k Main Event. In fact I'd say the Main Event is downright boring and drags for ages. Taker/HBK should have been on last.

What was so bad about WrestleMania IX?

Pretty much the lot really. Horrible matches, shite characters, the ending was a one man creative control power trip that simultaneously buried the two top guys in the company.

I agree that XI was a far bigger shitfest and to be honest the Iron Man match saved XII from being even worse than XI.

Great 'tip' m8.

I will sit down and enjoy the show because it's Mania and it very rarely fails to deliver. However, that doesn't change the fact that I should be pissing my pants with excitement about Mania right now and I'm not because they haven't booked it very well.

djchapsticks, on 23 Mar 2016 - 17:01, said:

I agree that XI was a far bigger shitfest and to be honest the Iron Man match saved XII from being even worse than XI.

Thought Diesel vs. Taker and Austin vs. Vega were both pretty good as well tbh. Those and the iron man make it a decent show.

Thought Diesel vs. Taker and Austin vs. Vega were both pretty good as well tbh. Those and the iron man make it a decent show.

I disliked Taker vs Diesel but then I dislike almost all of Kevin Nash's work.

Austin vs Savio, fair enough it was entertaining. Austin was sort of straddling gimmicks at the time though as he was still with Dibiase but not quite the ringmaster anymore.

The other stuff was hard to watch. Goldust vs Piper and the attempts at humour with the OJ stuff, the Warrior squash, the absolute state of Yokozuna in a lacklustre match thay involved good talents.

Overall it's a moot point to compare it to the worst manias as the Iron Man match did happen and was a huge chunk of the show.

Random thought - best Mania tune?

I still love that cheesy number from early 90s that Simon Cowell produced. Randomly started 'welcome to survivor series'

More recently, I liked the WM 29 tune, Coming Home and Celebrate from the following year was quite good too. Both fitted the particular occasions pretty well.

My Way is the answer, although if we're including promos in that, Placebos cover of Running up that Hill for the Taker/Shawn retirement match was a great choice. 

To be honest, the one group within WWE that consistently get things right are the teams responsible for the promos.  I don't think I ever remember them making a bad one, at worst they're functional and OK. 

Archived