Stirling vs Arbroath

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game we have to win at home if we want to have any chance of getting to the playoffs.

We could have a couple of injury problems with Lewis McLear out with hamstring problems and maybe Ross Smith who came off at Annan. Hope Mazel is okay for this one, as we need his experience in the midfield. Hopefully Skippy puts Phil Johnston into a more forward position and not at right back. Would like to see David Verlaque in this position. Also drop Dickson to the bench and put Mark Lamont in his place.

Game we have to win, because on Tuesday night we face Elgin away and I can't see us get much their.

Prediction Albion 2 Arbroath 1

I ll be in Stirling,only cause the Mrs want s to go shopping in Stirling.I ll have to think about what will be better,Shopping or watching Arbroath under Lumsden.

I would go to Forthbank, definitely better than wandering round the Thistle Centre watching your Mrs spend your money plus the fact is you can get yourself a drink at the Binos Bar before the match to bolster your nerves to await the inevitable Albion win ( I hope)

I ll be in Stirling,only cause the Mrs want s to go shopping in Stirling.I ll have to think about what will be better,Shopping or watching Arbroath under Lumsden.

Watching Arbroath must be tough but id probably say watch them. Stirling city centre is full of goths and junkies

I would go to Forthbank, definitely better than wandering round the Thistle Centre watching your Mrs spend your money plus the fact is you can get yourself a drink at the Binos Bar before the match to bolster your nerves to await the inevitable Albion win ( I hope)

Tell me more about this Binos Bar? I've gone to The William Wallace the last few times we've been at Forthbank

Tell me more about this Binos Bar? I've gone to The William Wallace the last few times we've been at Forthbank

Binos bar is open home games, located in the Main (West Stand) at Forthbank, before and after the game.

I think we need to change tact for this and go back to basics with a 2-3-5 formation. Unfortunately with 'Loser Lumsden' being so defensive minded I can't see us playing anything less than 3 at the back, which just sums up how outrageously defensive he really is.

I think we need to change tact for this and go back to basics with a 2-3-5 formation. Unfortunately with 'Loser Lumsden' being so defensive minded I can't see us playing anything less than 3 at the back, which just sums up how outrageously defensive he really is.

I like you Simon, and you kehn that. But stop your sarcasm, please!!

Glad you've jumped on board with the 'Loser Lumsden' bandwagon though, now you just need to get on board with the 'Huffy Hissy' one. :)

I like you Simon, and you kehn that. But stop your sarcasm, please!!

Glad you've jumped on board with the 'Loser Lumsden' bandwagon though, now you just need to get on board with the 'Huffy Hissy' one. :)

I'm afraid while people seem totally blinkered by the absolute requirement to play two upfront with anything less being 'too defensive' I will continue to be amused and be a sarcastic c**t :) I'm still yet to see a single argument for why we need two upfront and why anything less than this is too defensive. I'm done arguing my point on this one, as I have on several occaisions and no-one seems to be able to back up their argument against my points, despite it being repeated everytime we don't win (which is most weeks :lol::( )

As an aside, 'Loser Lumsden' is genuinely one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard tbh. It's the sort of nickname a group of primary school children would take great delight in using towards the kid in the class they don't like.

I'm afraid while people seem totally blinkered by the absolute requirement to play two upfront with anything less being 'too defensive' I will continue to be amused and be a sarcastic c**t :) I'm still yet to see a single argument for why we need two upfront and why anything less than this is too defensive. I'm done arguing my point on this one, as I have on several occaisions and no-one seems to be able to back up their argument against my points, despite it being repeated everytime we don't win (which is most weeks :lol::( )

As an aside, 'Loser Lumsden' is genuinely one of the worst nicknames I've ever heard tbh. It's the sort of nickname a group of primary school children would take great delight in using towards the kid in the class they don't like.

Like I've said to you I think it's mainly people wanting to see us try something different and get back to basics because what we have been doing all year has won us 9 games from 26, that is all!

It's a great nickname, I can only hope that when people say it they say 'Loser' in the most childish way possible before being short and sharp with the 'Lumsden' bit. ;)

Like I've said to you I think it's mainly people wanting to see us try something different and get back to basics because what we have been doing all year has won us 9 games from 26, that is all!

We tried something different on Saturday though - with 3 at the back, two attacking wing backs and Linn and Ramsay fairly pushed up to support Rutherford. Until Ricky was sent off and we had to change it to a flat 4 at the back, it was working well and we were fairly on top and creating far more chances than in previous weeks. The majority reacted to this change, and us looking better/ creating more, by berating the management for not playing 2 upfront. In my opinion we could try a whole host of things, but unless we're playing with 2 upfront it won't be accepted. As has been pointed out, the team at the top of this league play the same formation as us and it doesn't seem a particuar hinderence to them.

The only difference between the formation we play and a 4-4-2 is that our number 10 plays in behind the number 9. That is literally the ONLY difference. One of the ideas behind this is the number 10 can be more creative, and drop to help the midfield create while also being able to push up and support the striker when required. Our problem, in my opinion, is that tactically we're not playing the way the formation we have should dictate. Todd and Hissy both appear to be quoted as blaming players for failing to follow instructions at points, and that to me is completely unacceptable. If that is the case then either the players don't have the ability to follow instructions, or they don't respect what the management are asking them to do.

Archived