Stirling vs Arbroath

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank f**k East Stirling are pish,

I think that also applies to the Albion who were not much better but the only good thing I can say about today was that we won. Still we have played better and lost, so its another 3 points in the march on the road to the playoffs, pity we face Elgin on Tuesday night who lost today and will be looking to win to get them back on top. Happy days !

A deserved win for Stirling. Our best player was Andy Munro, who was immense. We had plenty of play around the box but never tested the keeper. No sharpness apart from Linn, as usual, who can't do it all. Rutherford nothing like the player he was before his injury, and it makes us toothless in attack. Worrying times.

A deserved win for Stirling.

You think?

Had 0-0 written all over it. I was thinking with 15mins to go that if either team score, it'll be harsh on the other. Brutal game but as mentioned, we've played better and lost. Happy with the 3 points, nudges us closer to a playoff place.

A poor game but thought a very under strength Albion due to injuries were always in control lamont was very poor today as was Darren lee smith .doris at times was ploughing a lone furrow with no support at all till Beattie came on and set Beattie up for his goal.The young lad who started in midfield for his debut done well at times good to see the youth system bearing fruit with 2 starting and 1 coming of the bench.interesting spectator in Paul Sherring ex Arbroath manager in the stand wonder why Lichtie fans Hopefully the lads get something up at Elgin on Tuesday

Some people on here berated me from day one when I suggested Lumsden was useless right at the start of the season it was easy to see he was by looking at the way he got in a panic and started signing loan players, keep changing the line ups,making statements to the press that came from another planet.

Arbroath are a football team but also a business that is floundering and needs a strong character to grab it by the scruf of the neck and drag it back to where the town can be proud of its local team.

The loan players dont play for the jersey, they play for their own advancement, so they dont really play as a team member,far too many on yesterday.

Who told Rutherford he was a stiker? his mummy and daddy,he is not and he never will be in this league

Rutherford is not a natural striker but he was the main reason we were doing well until this bad patch. His ball winning and running allowed other players space and chances. I can only assume he is not fully fit yet. It was a mistake to lose Grehan as a back up, and Victoria should also have been an option.

Fans from other teams warned us that Grehan and Coult weren't gonna be good enough for us, they were given the chance by most fans and as seen they weren't up to it, by the time the this was seen by management it was to late. We had to find a replacement and Rutherford was a decent option, but it's clear he ain't a natural finisher, have Rutherford and Hester ever started a game together? Again playing 3 midfielders in Henry stewert and Whatley failed us,

Not going for Templeman or Nicholl was a huge mistake, or maybe we did, and they didnt want to come play for current regime,

Either way this is 1 of the biggest weeks in clubs history and it's time for everyone to stand up and be counted, including fans,

Should have had Rutherford and Hester up front from the start yesterday with Linn providing the Amo.Rutherford looked miles of the pace yesterday though.

Agree Rutherford and Hester should work, and I was surprised that TL didn't try that yesterday. I can only assume that Greg was winning so little that it would have been pointless, so Skelly got a run out. We need a fit Rutherford for the crunch games this week.

Archived