Motherwell v Dundee United - Friday 11th March

Was the 1-0 win at Fir Park last season after McCall walked not a Friday night game?

It's difficult to really know what to expect from us at the moment, the game against Accies at the weekend was typically one that we wouldn't turn up for so it was a pleasant surprise that we managed to grind out a 1-0 win against their particular brand of anti-football. The memories of our bottle jobs against Thistle and St Mirren last season are still relatively fresh in the mind though, not to mention the "tragic", as McGhee put it, performance against Killie the other week.

We still have it in the team to absolutely gift teams not just chances but gilt edge, clear cut, surely you can't miss that? chances...see Imrie at 0-0 on Saturday. Fortunately for us he shat himself in front of goal but still it's difficult to be in any way confident knowing we've got that sort of slackness in the team. The Accies game was only our 6th clean sheet in the league this season (of which only 2 have been at Fir Park).

Beyond that there's the question of whether McGhee will stick with the team that's got a couple of decent results or whether he'll try and match up against United's shape again as he did at Tannadice. Equally there's the question of whether the players will look at the 7 point gap between us and Killie along with the fact that we beat United 3-0 not long ago and see that manifest itself in complacency. You'd hope not but equally I wouldn't be surprised. I'd hope United's recent form will serve as a decent reminder to the players that they'll need to be switched on.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need to win this one if the great escape is on, losing this then going into the derby will be a nightmare.

We were as bad as ever in the home game a few weeks ago, although I do think we're set up for playing away from home and counter attacking.

Another sneaky win for the Terrors, 1-2.

I've got four days to find a bar in Denver prepared to put this on at 1pm on a Friday over Italian, Spanish, German and French league games and an FA cup tie that are all live at the same time.

Just remind them that we play in the same color* as the Broncos.

*Initially spelt this way by accident, but more appropriate to leave it.

Away form has been good recently so cause for optimism here. As a Utd fan though you always know there's a dreadful performance waiting round the corner at some point so you never know.

After a great result at the weekend I predict Mixu will make 8 personnel changes and experiment with a new formation, leaving it up to King Henri to bail us out with a 92nd minute winner.

Will miss this game and unfortunately won't even get to see it on the TV. Mind you, the thought of Motherwell and the last meeting between us makes me feel physically sick so maybe its no bad thing.

Away form has been good recently so cause for optimism here. As a Utd fan though you always know there's a dreadful performance waiting round the corner at some point so you never know.

After a great result at the weekend I predict Mixu will make 8 personnel changes and experiment with a new formation, leaving it up to King Henri to bail us out with a 92nd minute winner.

I want Mixu to wear a hat with 'Manager of the Month' printed on it on Friday night.

I'm hoping that the Player of the Month and Manager of the Month awards going to Paton and Mixu respectively is enough to guarantee a 'Well victory.

We always seem to lose games after winning one of these, so hopefully the curse is bequeathed to United this time round.

Looking forward to this one.  I do enjoy a Friday night game at Fir Park. 

Two teams here hitting a wee bit of form of late, so it has the potential for a really good game.  There will be goals, and plenty of.

Motherwell 4-3 Dundee Utd

I think our record at home v Dundee Utd is one win in the last eight, a shocking statistic and I've no reason to believe that won't comtonue on Friday as United have hit form and have a fair bit of momentum now.

I think our record at home v Dundee Utd is one win in the last eight, a shocking statistic and I've no reason to believe that won't comtonue on Friday as United have hit form and have a fair bit of momentum now.

Very similar to another team I know.

What are they called again?

Oh aye, Motherwell.

This has to be software of some description - that even in the face of evidence of a positive outcome continues to spout negative p1sh.  To be honest it is kind of sad..

Another massive three points if we can pick them up here.

We should be comfortbly beating the league's basement side at home and should have no fear going into this one.

I'm going to stick my neck out and confidently predict a 2-0 home win.

This has to be software of some description - that even in the face of evidence of a positive outcome continues to spout negative p1sh.  To be honest it is kind of sad..

.... if only that were true.

Archived