Motherwell v Dundee United - Friday 11th March

My influence stretches far and wide.

From being an automatic pick at the start of the season, we've seen both Kennedy & Laing take Law's place at right back in recent weeks.  Furthermore, we also have the darling of Steelmen Online, Luke Watt, available who can play there.

While we're not at McCall levels of right back hoarding, there certainly are one or two different options available to McGhee.

Cadden even got the nod at right wing back when we were playing 3412.

Don't get me wrong I think Law is the likely choice but he's not started since the Killie game.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take your point Desp, though Kennedy at right back gives me the fear. Indeed did Hammell not start at RB in the recent 6-0 mauling at Tynecastle as part of an already ridiculous set up? I certainly remember McCall trying to shoehorn him into right back a couple of times and him having a nightmare in a gubbing by Utd up at Tannadice.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Josh Law back in to that position tomorrow though.

Take your point Desp, though Kennedy at right back gives me the fear. Indeed did Hammell not start at RB in the recent 6-0 mauling at Tynecastle as part of an already ridiculous set up? I certainly remember McCall trying to shoehorn him into right back a couple of times and him having a nightmare in a gubbing by Utd up at Tannadice.

I'm pretty sure it'll be Josh Law back in to that position tomorrow though.

Yeah, agree it will (or should) be Josh Law tomorrow.  I wouldn't be happy with Kennedy there, he looked very much like a centre-half out of position when played there.

I haven't trusted a left back playing right back since I witnessed Stevie McMillian playing there in our 4-1 Scottish Cup defeat at Tannadice in 1996.  Shambolic!

Zwick apparently playing again tomorrow

From the highlights of the Ross County game he did OK, he also looked up for it.

Despite the odd defensive error I think we look better at the back than we did earlier in the season; also when we're playing two up front we're playing further up the park. Both these things should help the lad.

His kicking is abysmal but cant fault him for either of the goals. He did sell himself a bit when Boyce rounded him but thankfully it was cleared off the line

Did he not save the first effort? It just broke back to Boyce once he was beyond him, can't really fault him for that

Did he not save the first effort? It just broke back to Boyce once he was beyond him, can't really fault him for that

Do you know what, i think you might be right about him saving it. Off his ankle

Yeah, agree it will (or should) be Josh Law tomorrow.  I wouldn't be happy with Kennedy there, he looked very much like a centre-half out of position when played there.

I haven't trusted a left back playing right back since I witnessed Stevie McMillian playing there in our 4-1 Scottish Cup defeat at Tannadice in 1996.  Shambolic!

Other things being equal I'd give Luke Watt an opportunity at right back.  Still, management see players all week both on and off the field and they take decisions.

Archived