St Mirren v Queen of the South 12/3/16

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FT 2-1

Second half was certainly more entreating than the first. Thought we deserved to edge it. 9 points out of 12 from QOTS is certainly a good return over the season. Probably the only team we can say that about unfortunately.

It all transpired in an action packed 5 minutes around the hour mark. Firstly Gallaghers deflected shot is trundling in when Shankland decides to do a shiter goal snatch. He's rightly given offside and the goal is chopped off, absolute nightmare from him.

Then, rather predictably, QOTS run up the park and score. Cross headed in back post unchallenged.

Then we run up the park and score again. Some nice play by Cooper and a nice finish from Callum Tapping, cheers fella, gave your own keeper no chance.

After that there was chances to both teams, but I think 2-1 was a fair reflection.

Last 5 home games, 4 wins and a draw. Superb form in Paisley, quite the turn around. Shame it doesn't mean anything. Mid table mediocrity for both of us, see you next season Doonhamers.

According to BBC updates, St Mirren have scored two goals in a match during which they got one shot on target, presumably the penalty.

It sounds like we maybe showed a bit more enterprise today, but losing is becoming a habit.

Despite Raith stuttering badly, they still pulled a point further away from us.

This is a crappy season I'll be glad to see the back of.

Disappointing to say the least. Not sure what the answers are, but team just not good enough. Need a change in personnel I think.

well there are not many signed up for next season at the moment so it could be another clearcut, the players are mostly capable players in my opinion we just aren't getting the best of them.

Entertaining second half, we deserved that win in the end. Shankland should have let that ball roll in and Gow forced a great save with his effort at the end. Cooper and Watson were impressive in the second half, Gary Irvine had a bit of a mare but got away with it. We looked much better in the middle of the park with Goodwin on for Agnew.

Thought the Clarkson and Cooper subs were a bit odd when both were playing well.

13 points from 15 at home is very good going.

According to BBC updates, St Mirren have scored two goals in a match during which they got one shot on target, presumably the penalty.

It sounds like we maybe showed a bit more enterprise today, but losing is becoming a habit.

Despite Raith stuttering badly, they still pulled a point further away from us.

This is a crappy season I'll be glad to see the back of.

That's definitely wrong. Gow had a shot on target at the end which was well saved and fairly certain Shankland had an effort which trundled to the keeper to.

Entertaining second half, we deserved that win in the end. Shankland should have let that ball roll in and Gow forced a great save with his effort at the end. Cooper and Watson were impressive in the second half, Gary Irvine had a bit of a mare but got away with it. We looked much better in the middle of the park with Goodwin on for Agnew.

Thought the Clarkson and Cooper subs were a bit odd when both were playing well.

13 points from 15 at home is very good going.

Bet you wish you could play Queens at home every other week?

Archived