Natalie McGarry- Again

Tom McB

Am I right in thinking she just got the names mixed up with someone who did deny the Holocaust? Unfortunate mistake but not as bad as a full blown lie to your electorate on the eve of an election, whatever the lawyers say.

Edited by welshbairn

Am I right in thinking she just got the names mixed up with someone who did deny the Holocaust? Unfortunate mistake but not as bad as a full blown lie to your electorate on the eve of an election, whatever the lawyers say.

I think if your the one wrongly accused of being a Holocaust denier i think it probably is as bad and possibly worse.Shes an idiot.

I was reading the last page thinking that Ad Lib was meaning that Mcgarry had admitted to wrongdoing with regards to her financial dealings and then realised he's actually talking about her saying sorry to JK Rowling 😂

Oh Ad Lib, what a mess you have become.

The SNP need to get better at vetting their candidate . We've had Bill Walker, McGarry, Michelle Thomson, Lyle, Cunningham, John Mason and the other bigots, plus embarrassments like Wishart.

Surely they can do much better than these goons. Someone should be getting their arse kicked for allowing McGarry to stand.

The SNP need to get better at vetting their candidate . We've had Bill Walker, McGarry, Michelle Thomson, Lyle, Cunningham, John Mason and the other bigots, plus embarrassments like Wishart.

Surely they can do much better than these goons. Someone should be getting their arse kicked for allowing McGarry to stand.

I'm sure Anthony C Pick could give you a few pointers, you shambolic mess.

I think it's been said previously that given the sudden rise in popularity there was always the possibility that some less desirable candidates would slip through the net. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Doesn't excuse John Mason though.

I think it's been said previously that given the sudden rise in popularity there was always the possibility that some less desirable candidates would slip through the net. Hopefully this will be addressed.

Doesn't excuse John Mason though.

Mason was there before the surge - he was a cvnt then and is still a cvnt now.

McGarry appears to be a complete and utter muppet. Neverending string of controversies, she is most definitely a hindrance to the SNP. They'd be wise to get shot of her at the earliest opportunity before she does any more damage.

She is a complete idiot and the SNP need shot of her in my opinion. She should be a Tory with all the controversies and monies going missing. Will the SNP have to wait until next election in 2020 (I think) to get rid?

The SNP have suspended her. Like many similar organisations they will wait until the results of criminal investigations or employment processes to be completed before expulsion. Its easier than conducting your own investigations.

The SNPs candidate selection has been completely revamped since the Westminster elections. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the people named so far haven't been on the approved list for years.

To take McGarry as an example though I'm not sure what you would do to exclude her in a reasonable selection process. It's not like they have the resource to do full psychological screening of every candidate and I doubt she would answer affirmatively if asked if she was a thief.

Mason though. FFS

The SNP have suspended her. Like many similar organisations they will wait until the results of criminal investigations or employment processes to be completed before expulsion. Its easier than conducting your own investigations.

The SNPs candidate selection has been completely revamped since the Westminster elections. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the people named so far haven't been on the approved list for years.

To take McGarry as an example though I'm not sure what you would do to exclude her in a reasonable selection process. It's not like they have the resource to do full psychological screening of every candidate and I doubt she would answer affirmatively if asked if she was a thief.

Mason though. FFS

Yeah, its not so much that they could have known she was a tea leaf. But they could and should have known that she was a fucking idiot. You only need to listen to her for 5 seconds to get that.

Mason, Roseanna Cunningham, Fergus Ewing and the likes have never hid their bigotry, yet the SNP not only put them up for election, but in some cases put them in cabinet positions.

Its a pretty grim situation. They need to do an awful lot better with the screening questions, including a basic competency type interview which should have ruled out the till dipper.

Yeah, its not so much that they could have known she was a tea leaf. But they could and should have known that she was a fucking idiot. You only need to listen to her for 5 seconds to get that.

Mason, Roseanna Cunningham, Fergus Ewing and the likes have never hid their bigotry, yet the SNP not only put them up for election, but in some cases put them in cabinet positions.

Its a pretty grim situation. They need to do an awful lot better with the screening questions, including a basic competency type interview which should have ruled out the till dipper.

You're cute when you're furious.  Don't ever change.

Are Ewing, Cunningham and Mason just God botherers?

In which case this is usually a real plus for prospective MPs. Going by Westminster, the PM down there is always expected to be tacitly religious.

Edited by Scary Bear

She is a complete idiot and the SNP need shot of her in my opinion. She should be a Tory with all the controversies and monies going missing. Will the SNP have to wait until next election in 2020 (I think) to get rid?

The SNP can expel her anytime they like.  She's still an elected MP though, the SNP expelling her won't change that.  MPs are elected as individuals so changing parties, being expelled etc doesn't make any difference to her status as an MP.

An MP who is sentenced to be imprisoned for a year loses their seat.  I don't think that's ever been enforced - Chris Huhne "resigned" his seat before he was sentenced.

Police searched Natalie McGarry's house on May 19th.

Edited to change the date.

...found a half eaten pizza and a pair of old knickers?

The money will just be resting in her account. They should frog-march her to the bank.

Are Ewing, Cunningham and Mason just God botherers?

In which case this is usually a real plus for prospective MPs. Going by Westminster, the PM down there is always expected to be tacitly religious.

Ewing and Cunningham, I believe, are God bothering induced homophobes.

Mason is a fucking creationist crackpot and homophobe.

• 3 months later...

Natalie McGarry has been charged with fraud.

ETA - She's actually been charged with embezzlement, breach of trust and breach of the Indyref Act.  It relates to money missing from both Women For Independence and the Glasgow Regional SNP Association.

No word on date for a court appearance etc.  Not sure what the penalties are for these offences either, maybe legal eagles could advise.

Edited by ICTChris

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Natalie McGarry has been charged with fraud.

ETA - She's actually been charged with embezzlement, breach of trust and breach of the Indyref Act.  It relates to money missing from both Women For Independence and the Glasgow Regional SNP Association.

No word on date for a court appearance etc.  Not sure what the penalties are for these offences either, maybe legal eagles could advise.

She's married to a tory so it can't be that.