LEAGUE DIVISION 2 LAST QUARTER

We are now at the part of the season where every game is very important. With 5 teams still in with a great chance of winning the title and it all to play for at the bottom we as supporters of lower league football should be in for a very exciting climax to the season. It was always going to be this way as results have shown over the season any team can beat any team on the day. I think any team who reaches the 67 0r 68 point total will be crowned champions. From an East Fife view point we have 8 games left 4 at home 4 away. Our last 12 games have resulted in 8 victories 2 draws and 2 defeats. Pretty decent form and this will have to continue to the last weekend in April to have any chance of winning the title. We have a very settled team but showed at Hampden 2 weeks ago that a bad performance can creep in at anytime. I am sure there will be a lot of twists and turns and it will go down till the last Saturday of the season. How do you guys see it all planning out in the next 7 or 8 weeks.  

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's going to be a great end to the season whatever happens. Any one of the current top 5 who put a run together will have a very good chance at the title.

Gut feeling is, if anyone finishes above Elgin, they'll be champs.

Agree we're now out of the running after last night's result.  

Can't see past EF for the title - they seem the most consistent and solid of the 5 contenders at the moment. Perm  3 from 4 for the play offs.

Our next three games are Annan (H), Stirling (A), Queen's Park (H). After that we play the bottom 4 in our last 5 fixtures.

Elgin's next three are Clyde (A), Montrose (H) and Berwick (A). I'm hopeful Clyde can take something but that's an easier next three on paper than ours. Elgin then have a fairly tough 3 games before an easier ending against Arbroath and Shire.

The next three games are crucial for us. If we can keep the gap to 2 points after these 3, I'd take that. If we can get ahead going into the last 5, I think we'd have to be strong favourites.

Elgin will win the league, much better than the rest of the pish going for the league. The team that finishes 9th in league 1 will shaft the teams in the play offs, unless we magically make it which will result in us winning it imo

Elgin will win the league, much better than the rest of the pish going for the league. The team that finishes 9th in league 1 will shaft the teams in the play offs, unless we magically make it which will result in us winning it imo

I'm enjoying this whole 'I'm obviously joking but also genuinely butthurt' routine you've got going.

It would be brilliant if it ended up that there was all to play for on the last day of the season. 2 or 3 teams able to win the league and the teams in 5/6 & 7 able to make the Play Off's. Great last day drama with the fixtures being:

Annan v Queens Park

Clyde v Stirling

East Fife v East Stirlingshire

Elgin v Arbroath

For what it's worth I think East Fife will win the league, although you can't write Elgin off. If I was to predict the top 4 I would probably opt for: East Fife, Elgin,Clyde & Stirling with Queens Park & Annan just missing out.

I think the final table may well look like this...................

1 East Fife

2 Elgin City

3 Clyde 

4 Annan

5 Queens Park

6 Stirling

7 Berwick

8 Montrose

9 Arbroath

10 East Stirlingshire

IMO I think Elgin will win the league, I know EF beat them last week but I think they've developed well and are very streetwise in picking up the victory by the odd goal. EF clyde and QP for the play offs. I think Annan have blown it really although as is football anything can change (I fancied Stirling to go up pre season) EF to win the play offs I can't see Brechin Forfar or Cowdenbeath who ever it may be get past them. Same bottom 4 as dreamteamer but I think ES may surprise people in the Play offs and stay up.

the league is almost impossible to predict I thought couple of weeks ago Elgin would win

east fife have had an impressive run of form but couple of injuries bit obvious but it will come down to who puts 4 or 5 game run together would probably tip towards east fife if Austin stays fit for us if Gemmel can get fit and hits form then we have a right good chance

top 3 east fife , elgin Clyde perm any one from three and Queens Park 4th

but can't discount Annan or Stirling so summary haven't a clue :)

I honestly have no idea who is going to win this thing. There's nobody in this league who I've seen who've looked like cast iron champions. East Fife the best performers of the season at Hampden quite early on, but we also went through to Methil and ran over the top of them as well. There's not a single game in this league that isn't capable of going any way. I don't think we've quite got the goals to win the title, but that doesn't stop me from dreaming. I'm just glad that we're involved and hope it remains that way for as long as possible.

Judging by your stats, it does seem that QP do park the bus and break up the pitch to score. Only Arbroath have scored less than QP yet you've got the best defensive record in the league by some margin. Unfortunately for QP this does not win leagues.

This league is fuckin crazy, it really is unpredictable.

Wouldn't say that was the case tbh. At Hampden we have a lot of possession  without doing a lot with it. Couple that with missing some ridiculouss chances and it's not a good formula picking up three points. 

Archived