Peterhead v Stranraer

It one of those games that on paper everything points to a home win. You think its a long trek for Stranraer but half our team will have the same journey. We will need to be up for it as Stranraer seem to have improved as the season has gone on.

Just seen this is an 8pm kick off. Any reason for that? Long trek home for any Stranraer fans that make the journey.

Presumably to allow extra time to get there. However, what you gain pre-match just makes it a later night at the end!

Haven't gone this time. Went midweek earlier in season. Only made kick off last time due to 8pm. 3hrs 30m I think from Glasgow. Makes sense for any central belt fans travelling after work. Roads quiet on way back down so it's actually a quick run back if late.

That was such a lacklustre performance, I can't remember stranraers keeper having a save to make. Strachan is solid enough but he doesn't offer enough going forward from right back. Brown was a waste of a shirt tonight and Sutherland had a quiet game. Still unbeaten but not for much longer if we keep playing like that.

Gilchrist and Strachan were the stand outs tonight for me, I know what you mean about Strachan but he is a CM/CB so can't expect a lot from him when he is at RB. It didn't help we were so static tonight, every throw in and time we tried to play from the back there was no movement.

Steven Noble was MIA the whole first half, he might as well have not been there with how easy he was being turned. Scott Ross was again more interested in a wrestling match than playing football. If he actually concentrated on the winning the ball he would be such a better player, how he got motm with the number of times he lumped the ball to the opposition I don't know. Also wonder what the point in bringing fast players like McIntosh and Riley on and then lumping balls to Rory, their pace is wasted and it was far to easy for Stranraer to manage.

Stranraer were OK and if they had a decent striker we would have been punished tonight. We really need to pull our socks up if we are serious about doing anything in the play offs.

Archived