Midweek Flutter 15-17 March

frankmccallum

ICT have had a tough time recently with injuries and Yogi's love for signing a central midfielder ahead of other positions but they have a great knack for performing well in the cup. Hibs favourites again doesn't sit well for me so I fancy a home win.

St Johnstone vs Ross County is another close call. Green shoots of recovery in the home team's recent games but I've gone for the league cup winners 2016 to edge this as McIntyre and wee Billy will keep their team focused on the task at hand.

So a Highland double for me at decent odds 8)

post-1545-14581244386386_thumb.jpg

Not sure why Inverness are 23/10 to win this game. Would have had them marginal favourites, maybe 6/4. Could easily see a draw again and it going all the way. Inverness own form has been poor of late but have to be on them at those prices given home advantage and Hibs recent run of results including Sunday’s disappointment.

I am totally befuddled by the price on ICT. It makes no sense to me at all.

I made the mistake of taking them at 2.5 when the Final finished on Sunday thinking everybody would come down hard on them given the likelihood of a despondent Hibs having to make the trip up the road.

Turns out everyone is backing Hibs and I think they are mad in the head to be doing so. I am on the verge of investing more at the 23/10 price but just in case it is me that is nuts (entirely possible) I might leave well enough alone.

Can only assume this is partly down to Inverness own poor form including a home loss to Hamilton but mainly because of some of their injuries and key man Tansey being suspended.

Can only assume this is partly down to Inverness own poor form including a home loss to Hamilton but mainly because of some of their injuries and key man Tansey being suspended.

Yeah, but it still doesn't add up given what Hibs have been through. ICT players will give everything they've got and I have to wonder how much Hibs have left in the tank. Hibs being slight favs is perhaps understandable but no way ICT should be 23/10 imo.

I think a tired Hibs team will be sent out to try to win the game in the first half, with a view to defending in a shell when knackered. Half with most goals: 1st half 12/5

St. Johnstone to beat an unfocused and hungover County. Asian handicap -1 4.1

Archived