Clyde vs Arbroath

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't deserve anything from the game for our performance from the last 60 minutes.

Losing Gormley was a massive problem as Gemmell was dreadful when he came on, Watson should have came on instead of him as they won everything that was hoofed up to him.

Linn was the standout for me today, we couldn't stop him anytime he had the ball.

Clyde :lol:

Should've been a back four from the beginning, for me. Regardless, we looked fine in the first half and just seemed to completely implode in the second. No idea what Durie was thinking when he slid in and given his extreme protection of Fleming in the first half, I'm surprised the ref didn't give a foul immediately before their second. We deserved nothing out of that game, though - that second half can be filed alongside the QP games and the Stirling game at home. Horrific.

The sole plus point for us was Kirkpatrick - a bit quiet today (probably a result of that terrible second half) but I think he's a great addition for us. Should've done better with two chances at the end, however.

We can still win the title, but I don't think we will. East Fife's run-in from here looks much better than ours.

15:45hrs... well.... it was nice while it lasted ;-) for the long-suffering Bully Wee fans. Well done to Arbroath on their Broadwood "double" this season....days of gubbing the 'Lichties' 3-0 at Broadwood to win the League are a long distant and fading memory.... :-/

post-66927-14590118081305_thumb.jpg

well deserved win after an embarrassing goal to go 1 behind, How Gemmell wasn't booked for cleaning out little I'll never no, and the time the ref played at end was shocking,

For Ferguson being someone who played at a good level and was known as a passing midfielder he doesn't half like signing 6foot beasts that play for set pieces,

Didn't deserve anything from the game. Stupid penalty giving away by Durie, he slid in during the first half and got away with it but obviously didn't learn his lesson. Second Arbroath goal looked like a foul on the keeper to me but all confidence drained from the team then and we resorted to hoof ball for the remainder of the game.

I really don't like us playing 3-5-2 , we got lucky against East Stirlingshire last week with their offside goals but Linn and the Arbroath number 3 and 10 exposed us big time today.

Kilpatrick faded in and out of the game for me. Felt he should have taken one of the two chances he had in the second. Gemmell was a big disappointment when he came on after watching him play so well consistently against us in previous seasons. Losing Higgins and then Gormley was a huge below both have been playing well and struck up a decent partnership up front.

We were always going to slip up at some point and the one consolation is that neither East Fife or Elgin won. Still in our hands when the next 5 and we win the league. Think there will still be plenty of twists and turns in the remaining games though.

Looked a foul on the keeper for our winner. Which makes it even more pleasing

As the_bully_wee said, I'm surprised the referee didn't give a foul either but ultimately, no complaints. Poor, poor second half. People were slating Durie, and rightly so, but he was given absolutely no support. You could tell there was a real danger down that side a long while before Arborath got their deserved penalty. Unfortunately, big Gemmell was woeful today although, I won't signal him out as nobody was really at the races.We hoofed the ball up all day and like they did earlier in the season, Little and Munro won everything in the air. A plus point for us was Kirkpatrick, he played some nice stuff but missed two guilt edged chances towards the end.

Hopefully just an off day and we'll put in a better performance next week. We're still up there at the top but I would definitely settle for the play-offs as it stands.

ETA: I think Dick Campbell will do a good job with Arbroath next year.

It was no surprise for the amount of time added on with the amount of time wasting that happened after you took the lead. I ain't going to complain about the time wasting as we were doing the same at 1-0

I wouldn't be offering Gemmell a contract for next season after that performance this afternoon. I think BF should have brought on Watson instead of Gemmell as we no ability to get in behind like we did while Gormley was playing.

Archived