St Johnstone vs Dundee United

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a delightfully tasty stench in this thread as United fans flail through their archives hunting down any form of positive to prevent themselves from giving up entirely. Hopefully we demolish them.

I've reported the listing - it's falsifying information. A quick Google search throws up AT LEAST another 4 managers who have achieved what the listing claims McNamara will be the first manager to do.

Billy McNeil being the best known up here, I'd imagine.

I'm amazed that a foaming at the mouth Bobby F hasn't appeared yet posting the yellowed press cuttings from his scrap book 'proving' Main deliberately let all the goals in to help United and relegate St Mirren. It's been a P&B standard over the years.

Cant believe it has attracted so many bids  :lol:

Its probably McNamara upping the bids as he'll be expecting a cut of the final fee..

Assume Fisher is back available for this?

Mannus

Fisher Anderson Joe Easton

Wotherspoon Millar Davidson Swanson

Cummins Kane

Wouldn't be too upset if Lappin or Maclean start though. Imagine the line up I picked is a little too attacking though.

Assume Fisher is back available for this?

Mannus

Fisher Anderson Joe Easton

Wotherspoon Millar Davidson Swanson

Cummins Kane

Wouldn't be too upset if Lappin or Maclean start though. Imagine the line up I picked is a little too attacking though.

Fisher played our last match, so yes he is.

I think we go same formation as the Hearts game, we don't need to go two up top. I liked the freedom that Swanson was afforded in behind the striker, he was also getting back and winning the ball, plus allows players like Spoony to know they'll have an option and actually get a decent forward pass.

In fact other than Craig obviously dropping out, the only change I'd make would be Lappin. Let's face it Easton is pretty much our main attaching threat down the left no matter who plays in front of him and Lappin covers him well for the most part.

Fisher played our last match, so yes he is.

I think we go same formation as the Hearts game, we don't need to go two up top. I liked the freedom that Swanson was afforded in behind the striker, he was also getting back and winning the ball, plus allows players like Spoony to know they'll have an option and actually get a decent forward pass.

In fact other than Craig obviously dropping out, the only change I'd make would be Lappin. Let's face it Easton is pretty much our main attaching threat down the left no matter who plays in front of him and Lappin covers him well for the most part.

Good point. Should have been a bit of a clue.

I'm not sure Wright will stick with a 4-4-1-1. He's been pretty faithful to 4-4-2 at home.

There's a fair chance Swanson won't be fit for this after picking up hamstring injury against Hearts. That will likely dictate it will be 4-4-2. If he is fit the only change I'd make would be Lappin for Craig. Worth persevering with same system after last result.

Is Swanson ever 'fit'?

Hes in a squad with Chris Millar and Murray Davidson. "Fit" means something different to us than to everyone else.

Its quite sad it looks like the last trolling attempt we'll see from United fans in match thread for a couple of years is about attendances. Embarrassing really.

Archived