St Johnstone vs Dundee United

I had this match pin pointed as being essential for our top 6 push, but barring a series of unlikely events, it appears we'll be there with or without the points in this match.

We have been much better in recent matches. We deservedly beat Inverness, dominated the first hour against County before giving away a daft penalty and, by all accounts, our 3-0 win at Tynecastle flattered Hearts.

I must admit - I quite like the 4-4-1-1 that we've got going at times just now. Swanson in behind a striker, with Wotherspoon also supporting is quite fun to watch, especially as it seems to give Davidson's more license to press further up the pitch.

I watched the Dundee derby at the weekend and, whilst it was a fantastic match to watch, I didn't think United looked particularly great. Dundee lost 2 defenders and their goalkeeper and United limped over the line for a draw at home against 10 men. Not to say they'll not turn it on against us though - their need is great and Kilmarnock don't look nearly as safe as they appeared a few weeks back.

I think we'll go with the same 11 as started at Tynecastle, with the only possible change being Lappin in for Craig. Seeing as Craig managed to get himself 2 assists and nearly scored a belter himself, I can't see him dropping out though.

Mannus

Fisher Anderson Shaughnessy Easton

Wotherspoon Davidson Millar Craig

Swanson

Kane.

Looking forward to it! Hopefully we can get the win that 100% guarantees our place in the top 6.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with all that. Would add that i hope we savagely molest Uniteds rotting corpse and batter five or six past them though

Normally I would only miss a game at McDiarmid Park if I was on holiday, but I don't think I'll be going along to this.

Mixu's team selection, formation, tactics and inability to make correct and timely substitutions is something I will tolerate at home but am reluctant to travel any distance for.

I think we'll go with the same 11 as started at Tynecastle, with the only possible change being Lappin in for Craig. Seeing as Craig managed to get himself 2 assists and nearly scored a belter himself, I can't see him dropping out though.

I think Liam Craig is suspended for this one. Lappin in for Craig.

Reckon i might just sit up behind United's Dugout and laugh at Mixu until he implodes tbh. 

Pls do. Pls.

Bank holiday Monday and first game after payday. Marvelous. 'mon the train sesh. 

2-1 Saint Johnstone NAP>

Pls do. Pls.

Bank holiday Monday and first game after payday. Marvelous. 'mon the train sesh. 

2-1 Saint Johnstone NAP>

In fact, that'll benefit you buggers, I'll be in my usual seat mocking him from a distance. 

Archived