Wednesday the 23rd Results

THEORACLE

Agreed on both points

Especially for  WW credit where its due  to all at WW missing so many players but the players on the pitch( and they stayed on the pitch ) stepped up and seemingly went for it

A strong team performance got them the result

Credit has to be given to the caretaker manager Flynn  he put the team and new formation out there :cheers

Well said gents.

Andy Martin took his 2 goals for WW really well.

Great win for Marks BSC away to Stirling Uni.

Be interesting to see what happens this weekend with these sides all playing each other again. Beware the wounded animal.

Well said gents.

Andy Martin took his 2 goals for WW really well.

Great win for Marks BSC away to Stirling Uni.

Be interesting to see what happens this weekend with these sides all playing each other again. Beware the wounded animal.

Ex-Spartan Andy Martin, doing it for yous I see, good lad eh.

Aye this weekend is going to be a biggy, we've got a toughy doon at Dalbeattie, 2nd spot to play for.

Grimbo

Not been mentioned but also a significant result at Castle Douglas... after 3pts v Whitehill last week, Threave would have been looking to take 6pts against Vale of Leithen yesterday and on Saturday to halve the gap at the bottom to only 6pts, which could have turned what opinion here seemed to have written-off as unthinkable into thinkable.

However, the 1-1 draw does them no good, leaving the gap at 12pts going into the weekend.

EDIT: As I observed in another thread, City could also win the league on Saturday - though it would need Spartans to lose and Stirling not to win.

Ex-Spartan Andy Martin, doing it for yous I see, good lad eh.

Aye this weekend is going to be a biggy, we've got a toughy doon at Dalbeattie, 2nd spot to play for.

Grimbo

Moved onto bigger and better things Grimbo.

2nd place ... don't tell us your not going to win it again :D

I feel that is exactly how it is gonna pan out HJ,if Saints can hold of Edu's challenge.I was down at St.Mary's last October and was impressed with what I saw. Feel a bit sorry for Threave as they were one of the big movers behind setting up the lowland league but this is what having a pyramid system is all about,teams finding their correct position on the football ladder and I'm sure they'll make their way back up in the not too distant future.

Moved onto bigger and better things Grimbo.2nd place ... don't tell us your not going to win it again :D

Shush Rab, I'm double bluffing. âš½Grimbo

A club that's still where they started despite expectations ?? Yes. No grim ???

A club that's still where they started despite expectations ?? Yes. No grim ???

Nookie what are you suggesting that the Welfare join the ranks of the Juniors?

Expectations my arse, of course if we are in the Pyramid we will be striving to get to the top, as with every other team worth their salt.

Roma wasnae built in a day & our LL warts n all took a damn sight longer. Hold yer horses pal, we shall get there.

Just need to point out that although we won the Lowland League it was before the Pyramid was open, so there's only been one team that's had the chance to get promoted & unfortunately they failed. So EVERY LL team are still where they started.

Grimbo

Nookie what are you suggesting that the Welfare join the ranks of the Juniors?

Expectations my arse, of course if we are in the Pyramid we will be striving to get to the top, as with every other team worth their salt.

Roma wasnae built in a day & our LL warts n all took a damn sight longer. Hold yer horses pal, we shall get there.

Just need to point out that although we won the Lowland League it was before the Pyramid was open, so there's only been one team that's had the chance to get promoted & unfortunately they failed. So EVERY LL team are still where they started.

Grimbo

I'd argue that the only team genuinely expecting not to be in the LL at this stage when it started would be spartans. The rest would either have been looking to consolidate at this new level or build a team over a few years to be able to challenge.

Since then, obviously others are now looking to genuinely get into SPFL- city have shown they now have the playing staff to win the LL obviously and EK have spent the money to expect to be challenging ( particularly considering their players seem to go in the press and say they've the best team in the league). Gretna would have been thinking that this could have been their year, but think they might be looking to consolidate in the upcoming season.

Basically, the majority of clubs will be happy that they are still in the LL based on expectation, budget and the way the last three years have gone. I've enjoyed seeing how the LL has panned out since its inception and am delighted that it's not followed the expected order of who would be challenging year on year ( based on what people may have predicted from the old EoS and SOS).

So grim, I think if you spoke to the clubs when the league was created, the one team that would be genuinely disappointed if the has to start a 4th season in the LL would be yourselves. That club has been built entirely to get to spfl since the plans for Ainslie park were announced.

Ahmm I would like to point out that City were the only team unbeaten in the playoffs. Went out on penalties but unbeaten in the two games against Brora.

Ahmm I would like to point out that City were the only team unbeaten in the playoffs. Went out on penalties but unbeaten in the two games against Brora.

And? That mean you shouldn't be in the lowland?

I'd argue that the only team genuinely expecting not to be in the LL at this stage when it started would be spartans. The rest would either have been looking to consolidate at this new level or build a team over a few years to be able to challenge.

Since then, obviously others are now looking to genuinely get into SPFL- city have shown they now have the playing staff to win the LL obviously and EK have spent the money to expect to be challenging ( particularly considering their players seem to go in the press and say they've the best team in the league). Gretna would have been thinking that this could have been their year, but think they might be looking to consolidate in the upcoming season.

Basically, the majority of clubs will be happy that they are still in the LL based on expectation, budget and the way the last three years have gone. I've enjoyed seeing how the LL has panned out since its inception and am delighted that it's not followed the expected order of who would be challenging year on year ( based on what people may have predicted from the old EoS and SOS).

So grim, I think if you spoke to the clubs when the league was created, the one team that would be genuinely disappointed if the has to start a 4th season in the LL would be yourselves. That club has been built entirely to get to spfl since the plans for Ainslie park were announced.

cant argue much with this

Grim in all honesty with the set up and money Spartans has the last few seasons have to be counted as a failure

what have Spartans won ?  do they look like winning the league ?  sadly no

but there is always next season

cant argue much with this

Grim in all honesty with the set up and money Spartans has the last few seasons have to be counted as a failure

what have Spartans won ? do they look like winning the league ? sadly no

but there is always next season

Here's me saying 'I'd argue' and you saying you can't ;-) thought I was gonna get a fight somewhere..... ;-)

To be fair to our noisy North Edinburgh neighbours they have been in impressive form since they lost their first game of 2016...

Bloody hell how come I'm agreeing with the Bam, although he speaks the truth & had we not been reduced to 8 men on that day surely we would not have lost that match that he refers too.

Yep we've not lost a league game since that regretful late Christmas present we gave city the thing is bloody city have been trying to keep pace with us too. Let's hope for a change in the wind eh, I mean what the dickens, being haunted by the ghost of Christmas past? ;)

Grimbo

Bloody hell how come I'm agreeing with the Bam, although he speaks the truth & had we not been reduced to 8 men on that day surely we would not have lost that match that he refers too.

Yep we've not lost a league game since that regretful late Christmas present we gave city the thing is bloody city have been trying to keep pace with us too. Let's hope for a change in the wind eh, I mean what the dickens, being haunted by the ghost of Christmas past? ;)

Grimbo

Had a wee look at the bbc website grim where the league tables show the last two games for form purposes. Spartans have eight greens and two reds ( two defeats) interestingly they were both to city. So that's a winning run against the rest of the league that stretches back to October. Decent going.

Had a wee look at the bbc website grim where the league tables show the last two games for form purposes. Spartans have eight greens and two reds ( two defeats) interestingly they were both to city. So that's a winning run against the rest of the league that stretches back to October. Decent going.

Well you know me SN, when it comes to all things Soartans I like to hide under a bushel. ;)

Not bad stat at all at all thanks for sharing.

Grimbo

Archived