What fans feel can be done to improve the experience of match day

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pity tech colleges don't teach students how to prepare a market research survey properly.

This. Would be useful to gather what club the respondents support, with enough respondents he may have been able to look at correlating answers (could remove Dundee United fans responses because nothing would have improved their season). This would also show that it is Scottish fans completing the questionnaire. The age categories are pretty funny. I'm not allowed to go to games with both friends and family apparently. I stopped bothering with the questionnaire after that, so don't know what else went wrong.

Cheaper Ticket prices.

Get rid of the Celtic and rangers, this season has been more competitive than ever before. The gap between 4th and 10th is fairly small.

The folk who run Scottish football should be promoting our game rather than running it into the ground and trying to convince everyone that we need Rangers and Celtic. Someone like Barry Hearn has taken the pub game of darts and turned it into a multi million pound sport, attracting huge crowds and massive tv revenue. If it's possible for darts, don't try telling me it's not feasible for our national game.

Summer football.

Don't change matches to ridiculous times which mean paying fans can't get to games using public transport.

Stop paying for Hampden and start using stadiums round the country for cup ties and national games. Most games could be adequately accommodated in stadiums other than Hampden, and it would often be easier for fans to travel to grounds nearer to them than Glasgow.

Big leagues so teams don't have to play each other 4+ times per season

Cheaper Ticket prices.

Get rid of the Celtic and rangers, this season has been more competitive than ever before. The gap between 4th and 10th is fairly small.

The folk who run Scottish football should be promoting our game rather than running it into the ground and trying to convince everyone that we need Rangers and Celtic. Someone like Barry Hearn has taken the pub game of darts and turned it into a multi million pound sport, attracting huge crowds and massive tv revenue. If it's possible for darts, don't try telling me it's not feasible for our national game.

Summer football.

Don't change matches to ridiculous times which mean paying fans can't get to games using public transport.

Stop paying for Hampden and start using stadiums round the country for cup ties and national games. Most games could be adequately accommodated in stadiums other than Hampden, and it would often be easier for fans to travel to grounds nearer to them than Glasgow.

Big leagues so teams don't have to play each other 4+ times per season

I'm not convinced about summer football but if it enabled points 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7, I would wholeheartedly embrace it.

Social clubs.

As many people have pointed out, we've lost a lot of supporters to television subscriptions. This is understandable as it's easier and often cheaper to watch football this way.

But rather than moan and fear this, capitalise on it. Integrate a social club with a business subscription to these sports channels and open your club to let fans watch before and after your 3 p.m. match. This is already done by every club in the form of hospitality, I'm proposing that it be extended and adjusted to attract your entire crowd.

For many junior clubs, some equitable in size to some lower SPFL clubs, this is their main revenue stream. It's also a facility that can be rented for functions out with match days and the season.

I completely agree that clubs can scarcely afford to lower ticket prices and that if they did it would a) be by little and b) not result in a significantly increased crowd. So if you can't reduce prices you need to provide more value. Joining the dots, include 'social membership' as part of season tickets at no extra cost which gets you social club access.

You need to accept that society has changed, the game has changed and try and adjust. We're not going back to the mega crowds we used to get. We're all aware of the challenges we face and what the fans who aren't attending matches are doing on a Saturday instead - so entice them to do it in your social club. Make a day where your live match is part of it.

The challenge is space and permission from authorities but as I alluded to above, these are widespread at the junior level of the gane.

Ironic coming from a chronic alcoholic in the early hours of the morning.

Seems to be your go to insult these days for anyone you don't like, I await something original, it's gonna be a long wait.

Seems to be your go to insult these days for anyone you don't like, I await something original, it's gonna be a long wait.

Its either that or wife beating allegations or mental illness taunts.

All pretty vile and with no basis other than making him look a smart arse on the internet when, in reality its the actions of a pretty rubbish troll

How can you expect to get more people going to games when the ticket prices are going up?

Sometimes you have to take a hit for a year or so before making a profit.  Of course, no Scottish clubs would ever do this.

I wold to go every home game possible if I only had to pay a tenner to get in.

Huddersfield Town offering cheap tickets to first 10000 fans. May extend this. They currently have 8000 season ticket holders.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/huddersfield-town/huddersfield-town-v-ipswich-town-german-influence-is-just-the-ticket-for-terriers-1-7753255

post-1545-14590795324477_thumb.jpg

Mitigating factors as the club is investing some of their £2 million windfall payment from the new TV deal.

Bradford City offered adult season tickets at £199 and got 13000 season ticket holders two years ago.

Last year they did their #149 initiative and had almost 18000 sign up :o

Not sure if an equivalent would work in Scotland but I'd definitely buy a Thistle one for £200 but I'm not prepared to fork out £300+ in one go as I work some Saturdays.

This season I but online at £20 a pop.

I can almost guarantee my season ticket will be going up 50 bangers this coming season. As the club try to maximise profits from the tribute act coming up. Also expect quite a few "new" Season Ticket holders.

Archived