Relegation battle, who will prevail?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, although I doubt anyone would have predicted Peterhead losing to Cowden and Forfar in successive weeks.

I did say I'll amost certainly be proven wrong tbf

It was refreshing to get the thoughts of a supporter NOT affiliated to any of the bottom 3 clubs and although they were slightly out of range when you made your predictions - it would have been interesting to re-cast to include Stenny!

It was refreshing to get the thoughts of a supporter NOT affiliated to any of the bottom 3 clubs and although they were slightly out of range when you made your predictions - it would have been interesting to re-cast to include Stenny!

Never thought that every team would be picking up wins tbf, thought at least 1 would keep them safe from danger, still don't think they'll be in serious trouble but didn't think they'd come this close to it either

Never thought that every team would be picking up wins tbf, thought at least 1 would keep them safe from danger, still don't think they'll be in serious trouble but didn't think they'd come this close to it either

It's been great watching our relegation rivals picking up wins. Well done Brechin and Cowdenbeath.

Unlikely I know...

Cowden continue their winning streak (as predicted by Sir Colin). Stranraer face us and Brechin next - not outwith the bounds of possibility to lose both. If Airdrie and Albion Rovers don't pick up many points then there could be an interesting last day at Stair Park in a winner takes all battle for 4th place. 

Unlikely I know...

Cowden continue their winning streak (as predicted by Sir Colin). Stranraer face us and Brechin next - not outwith the bounds of possibility to lose both. If Airdrie and Albion Rovers don't pick up many points then there could be an interesting last day at Stair Park in a winner takes all battle for 4th place.

After such a shit season it's stunning to think we have an outside chance at promotion.

Unlikely I know...

Too far

Brechin and Cowden playing each other tomorrow (with my prediction being a draw)

Forfar playing a weakened pars team with nothing to play for

Stenny really need a win away at Airdrie or they could be in serious keech

I've stopped looking at the table and trying to work out what if... Way too stressful ! Crazy situation we could be in any league of 3 with 4  games (+ playoffs) to go. Our last four games are: Ayr away. Cowdenbeath Home. Forfar Home and Stenny Away. Three of them 6 pointers. 

I suspect we'll be bottom of the league come Saturday night but still hold out hope that our last three games might yield 7 points and just about see us safe.

I honestly think Albion and Airdrie relatively safe.

Two home games are winnable , nothing really to fear away at Albion either . Horsed them twice at station park already

Had a spare 5 minutes so had a look at the remaining fixtures and concluded that the final standings outside the top 4 will be:

Rovers 42

Stenny 41

Cowden 40

Airdrie 39

Forfar 38

Brechin 34

Final day would be interesting in your predictions.

I think you might be being slightly pessimistic regarding your own team as well  :lol:

Final day would be interesting in your predictions.

I think you might be being slightly pessimistic regarding your own team as well :lol:

I don't think Brechin will finish bottom from reports I have been hearing regarding recent performances. However I guess we will cause them to go on a bad run of form after we beat them tomorrow 😂

I suspect we'll be bottom of the league come Saturday night but still hold out hope that our last three games might yield 7 points and just about see us safe.

I honestly think Albion and Airdrie relatively safe.

That's the scenario I envisage. Anything from East End will be an absolute bonus. The real work starts after Pars game and last few games always produce some very odd/unexpected results. Take absolutely nothing for granted this will have more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing.

Archived