Relegation battle, who will prevail?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Rovers are now safe to spectate as the drama unfolds below us. In order to make sure we're not the ones to relegate Cowden, Forfar or Stenny, I think we should be indiscriminate and just beat all three.

The Rovers are now safe to spectate as the drama unfolds below us. In order to make sure we're not the ones to relegate Cowden, Forfar or Stenny, I think we should be indiscriminate and just beat all three.

As long as you lot don't f**k about with your team selections as a few others have done !!!  

Hope your team feel the same as you on Saturday.

BTW you aren't safe. Mathematically you can still be caught.

We're theoretically, arithmetically, mathematically safe from 10th but yes, we could finish 9th if we lost every game and either Forfar or Brechin won every game.

AKA safe.

(^^^ famous last words :ph34r:)

Unlikely I know...

Cowden continue their winning streak (as predicted by Sir Colin). Stranraer face us and Brechin next - not outwith the bounds of possibility to lose both. If Airdrie and Albion Rovers don't pick up many points then there could be an interesting last day at Stair Park in a winner takes all battle for 4th place. 

It's still on...

If this happens I'll pay for your season ticket next year.

On a better pitch, Brechin can beat Stranraer. We can bring in BRE, Cardle and Faissal - and beat Stranraer. Nish can keep doing whatever the f**k goes through his head and you can keep scraping wins. As a sequence of results it's unlikely but in the old one game at a time cliche there's nothing that amazing required. 

It is so unlikely. It would be absolutely hilarious if it did happen. Also ridiculously undeserved. Safety would be enough for me.

League placings are always deserved! There's no fairer way of judging teams than points earned over the course of a season.

League placings are always deserved! There's no fairer way of judging teams than points earned over the course of a season.

Unless it's in the spl. Play each team an uneven number of times home and away before the pointless split

No they aren't. The principle is sound but over the course of the season teams will take points in games they don't merit it and vice versa drop points they don't merit. Yesterday we stole 3 points, not for the first time this season. One of the games was when we beat you 1-0 early doors in a game that a draw would have been fair.

No they aren't. The principle is sound but over the course of the season teams will take points in games they don't merit it and vice versa drop points they don't merit. Yesterday we stole 3 points, not for the first time this season. One of the games was when we beat you 1-0 early doors in a game that a draw would have been fair.

But if you score more than the opposition your 3 points in deserved as that's the aim of the game . League table doesn't lie

But if you score more than the opposition your 3 points in deserved as that's the aim of the game . League table doesn't lie

I'll go back to the example of when we beat Albion 1-0. They had a goal chalked off for offside. After watching the replays I don't recall a single Cowden fan thinking that goal should have been disallowed therefore our 3 points wasn't deserved.

You're making a very simplistic argument that doesn't stack up.

Archived