Striking Options

kenny131

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, forameus said:

Absolutely.  If we go out "all guns blazing", we will lose.  Simple as that.  But much as the black and white brigade would love it not to be, there's a middle ground between that and going out super defensively.  

There are ways to get at England, or at least there were.  They're going to be a bit of an unknown quantity under a new manager.

Not that much, surely. We'll know everyone he names, and expect the expected....Sturridge wide on the right, long balls to Kane/Carroll etc, because England don't have the bodies to play the game they expect to be playing. Running about after these diddies will only make us vulnerable, but there are ways of aggressively defending higher up....blocking the full-backs' progress being one (how the f**k Walker and Rose are so feared i'll never know), i know this was a Hodgson tactic, but stopping them as an outlet would imo be a much more positive step over the two 90 minutes than 'getting intae them'. 

I stand by my previous comments, that we appear to turn into a football team when our opponents score, especially at Hampden....it would be nice if we could be proactive enough to sort that out, but i wouldn't hold my breath. 

1 hour ago, forameus said:

:lol: Whoooooosh

Over the last week or so your posts have championed fletcher he has drop down league and is still shite, you defend strachan like the messiah and yet again he slates our game again to the media. You pitchEd  in on the oliver burke thread saying he will be average.  All pish talking posts just so you can disagree with everyone. I will say again the worst poster on here by a country mile. 

You should try watching some football maybe you could better equip yourself before you start thumping your head against the keyboard hoping to post something credible

Let's take your post point by point, because it's gold all the way through.

Championed Fletcher - your woeful grammar aside, nope.  I said reluctantly that he's the best option we've got at the moment.  I also repeatedly said in a couple of threads that I'd start Griffiths up front against Malta and play Fletcher off him if it came to it.  If in the next few months Rhodes starts lighting up the Premier League, I'd have him in over him.  But an average Steven Fletcher is better than what we have at the moment.  Again, unfortunately.

Defend Strachan like the messiah - go read my recent posts on him.  And any posts I've made.  I agree I've been more positive on him than some, but you can actually be more than just super negative or super positive on someone, you know.

Oliver Burke - point out where i said he was average, please

The rest of your post was just tear-stained nonsense.  Honestly, I've disagreed with quite a few on here - particularly Barbrady and troopio at times.  But I've managed to have some decent back and forth with them, despite disagreeing with them.  You just seem to be absolutely seething about it, and prefer to just attack rather than discuss.

And I'm the worst poster...deary me.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

Let's take your post point by point, because it's gold all the way through.

Championed Fletcher - your woeful grammar aside, nope.  I said reluctantly that he's the best option we've got at the moment.  I also repeatedly said in a couple of threads that I'd start Griffiths up front against Malta and play Fletcher off him if it came to it.  If in the next few months Rhodes starts lighting up the Premier League, I'd have him in over him.  But an average Steven Fletcher is better than what we have at the moment.  Again, unfortunately.

Defend Strachan like the messiah - go read my recent posts on him.  And any posts I've made.  I agree I've been more positive on him than some, but you can actually be more than just super negative or super positive on someone, you know.

Oliver Burke - point out where i said he was average, please

The rest of your post was just tear-stained nonsense.  Honestly, I've disagreed with quite a few on here - particularly Barbrady and troopio at times.  But I've managed to have some decent back and forth with them, despite disagreeing with them.  You just seem to be absolutely seething about it, and prefer to just attack rather than discuss.

And I'm the worst poster...deary me.

Yeah  that about sums it up.  I can't think of anything so I will point out a grammar issue, mmmmmmm ok then.

1. Fletcher is currently not the best we have FACT  he is pish and can't score in the championship.

2. Yes your WGS lover.

3. Check your post in the burke thread....you quote he will be average at best.

So all in all you still waffling

2 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Yeah  that about sums it up.  I can't think of anything so I will point out a grammar issue, mmmmmmm ok then.

1. Fletcher is currently not the best we have FACT  he is pish and can't score in the championship.

2. Yes your WGS lover.

1. Who is the best we have then?  Care to offer an opinion rather than just dribble away?

2. :lol:

3. I didn't post in the Burke thread.  I did post on him though, and I disagreed with you saying he'd be definitely world class.  I never once said he was average.  But if you can find an exact quote where I said that, I'd be happy to take it back.

Strikers in form right now are mccormack and Griffiths.  I never thought Griffiths was up too much and I did think he was 28/29 due to him looking like he had tough paper round. But the fact he is 25 and starting to show good form and big improvements.

Those 2 are better than fletcher.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

2. Yes your WGS lover.

1 hour ago, kenny131 said:

Strikers in form right now are mccormack and Griffiths.  I never thought Griffiths was up too much and I did think he was 28/29 due to him looking like he had tough paper round. But the fact he is 25 and starting to show good form and big improvements.

Those 2 are better than fletcher.

Fletcher scored 0 goals this season = pish and can't score in the Championship.
McCormack scored 1 goal this season = on form.

Good to see you're not reactionary or anything

The reality is that Griffiths, McCormack, Fletcher, Rhodes and Martin are all much of a muchness in terms of ability, they are all top end Championship standard players who will go through good and bad form, so arguing over who is better is pointless. It comes down to what type of striker/s Strachan wants to play in his system. Rhodes is a penalty box striker which doesn't suit our system, so doesn't get a game. Fletcher and Martin give a more physical presence and target man, which Strachan wants within our system so they do get games. McCormack and Griffiths are quite similar types of players, have good movement, are quite happy dropping deep or wide, and are good finishers, but are arguably not at their best as lone, central strikers in the system we play.

There is an argument for any of them to start (perhaps apart from Martin who is just a poorer version of Fletcher), but that argument depends on what system we play and what other players are in the team. Robson-Kanu is a great example with Wales, if you looked at his goalscoring record on paper there's no way he'd have started or be near the team, but he worked within that system and helped them get to the semis of the Euros. How many goals a player scores in a different team, different system and different environment at club level is not always particularly relevant and people get too hung up on it.

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Fletcher scored 0 goals this season = pish and can't score in the Championship.
McCormack scored 1 goal this season = on form.

Good to see you're not reactionary or anything

1 goal and all round play is very very good.  Fletcher zero goals and a fucking statue.  Next

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd genuinely rather have dryhorce than this kenny character

Why because I don't think martin is any good. Or just because I dont follow like a sheep and have a different opinion than you. Get over yourself

Why because I don't think martin is any good. Or just because I dont follow like a sheep and have a different opinion than you. Get over yourself

Because you're an utter moron who manages to ruin the perfectly valid side of the discussion you're on.

Archived