PPI Claims

I had a PPI lawyer call me earlier in the week saying that they reckon I could have a decent PPI claim on a loan I had about 10 years ago.

It was the usual "no win no fee" patter....but their fee they wanted was 36%. 

Has anyone ever successfully claimed and if so what % did they shell out? How much did you get back?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My burd got £2000 back from RBS.

Contact the place you got the loan from directly. They will tell you if you have a case or not.

That's all the PPI folk will do. They are scamming people by pretending that it's a complicated process.

I had a PPI lawyer call me earlier in the week saying that they reckon I could have a decent PPI claim on a loan I had about 10 years ago.

It was the usual "no win no fee" patter....but their fee they wanted was 36%. 

Has anyone ever successfully claimed and if so what % did they shell out? How much did you get back?

Claim it yourself. These cnuts are parasitic thieving b*****ds that prey on the fact that people think they'll need a lawyer for this kind of stuff. If you have the loan details go to the lender yourself.

ETA: Alternatively, I'll do it for 35%.  :ph34r:

My burd got £2000 back from RBS.

Contact the place you got the loan from directly. They will tell you if you have a case or not.

That's all the PPI folk will do. They are scamming people by pretending that it's a complicated process.

Was that the RBS directly or through the Royal Assurance with an RBS mortgage? Had a bit of bother tracking down the RA.

Claim yourself. You'd need to be fucking thick to go through one of these companies.

The banks will generally reject the claim a couple of times but the key is persistency. You can get free template letters online. It's really easy to do it yerself.

I got a pre-printed PPI claim form through the post a year or two back, and it included details of every credit card I'd ever had. Went in the shredder as PPI was an obvious rip-off at the time anyway, so I made sure I never had it, but I found it a bit creepy that some random company I'd never heard of were waving all this scarily-accurate financial information in my face like a turgid, drooling member made of free money.

I've heard from a couple of folk that you can pretty much make up whatever you fancy with PPI claims and it usually gets paid, whether you took out PPI or not, or even had an account to begin with. The idea that these companies keep such poor records is slightly worrying, if true.

I done it years ago when it first came out and got about 2k, I done it directly via the bank myself as it was for an overdraft I had. I just followed the steps from that Martin Moneysaving lad, they rejected the first letter but you then send the STEP 2 letter, they rejected that one so then sent the letter from STEP 3 and after that one that was more or less it, took about 2 months all in, that Martin guy is yer man!

What's all this stuff with rejection letters from the bank?

I've had 1 PPI cheque back for my 1st Mortgage.

They contacted me and sent out the forms.

Didn't realise if you think you had PPI that the bank would actually argue you didn't.

Archived