Today marked my final ground of the 41 in senior football with a visit to Elgin. My brother and I have just whiled away some of the train journey home ranking the grounds (excluding Falkirk, which is impossible for us to place). Some of these reflect a good day on the beers far more than the ground itself...

Hearts

Hibernian

Dunfermline

Elgin

Brechin

Ross County

Rangers

Celtic

Arbroath

Queens Park

St Johnstone

Queen of the South

Livingston

St Mirren

Inverness

Annan

Raith Rovers

Dundee

Dundee Utd

Aberdeen

Stranraer

Ayr

Kilmarnock

Motherwell

Hamilton

Stirling Albion

Berwick

Peterhead

Dumbarton

East Fife

Airdrie

Clyde

Partick

Stenhousemuir

Alloa

Morton

Forfar

Montrose

Cowdenbeath

Albion Rovers

Nice one. I have to say I'd have Montrose higher up, thought it was a good wee ground.

I was there on 2nd Jan - it was freezing, it was goalless, nothing happened. Really does depend on the match day experience!

Forfar is one of the better lower league grounds, I thought. Even Albion Rovers and Cowdenbeath would come well ahead of the travesties that are East Fife and Dumbarton.

Anyway, well done.

Dunfermline in the top 3!

That being said the food is usually pretty good there. Only problem with East End that is if its a sunny day the away fans can get blinded a little but due to the angle of the stand.

Alloa below both Dumbarton and Livingston? I always thought alloa would be higher on a list like this, not a great ground but good scenery and plenty pubs only a 5-10 minute walk from the ground.

From the bottom few I'd have Forfar higher, cracking wee day out, nice pubs in town, Forfar Bridie and tidy wee ground.

I rarely eat anything at a football ground but decided you had to have a bridie when in Forfar - was handed a soggy mess in a napkin (fnarr etc.)

Long time since I've been right enough.

Personally I'd have Somerset Park higher up the list.

Just looking at the Highland and Lowland league tables - if either Edinburgh City or Cove Rangers come up then I've still got the 41 covered already. If it's Brora, I'd be hoping for an away cup tie there next season.

Just looking at the Highland and Lowland league tables - if either Edinburgh City or Cove Rangers come up then I've still got the 41 covered already. If it's Brora, I'd be hoping for an away cup tie there next season.

Formartine have more chance than Brora.

Yeah, maybe.

I see it's Cove v Formartine on Wednesday.

The decider I think, although if it's a draw Cove should be top. Formartine have an away day at Nairn that could be tricky, they've been improving a lot. Cove could trip up on the final day away at Turriff but only if they hibs it, Turriff haven't been that great lately. Brora would have to depend on Clach performing miracles against both their rivals. An exciting end to the season!

Archived