Holyrood 2016 : Voting Intentions

Ivo den Bieman

Voting Intentions  

242 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I get what you say. Politically I am nowhere near the Tories - and am probably a Green at heart - but my intention is twofold. 

First, the SNP have been too lax in government since they got their majority. I think they worked harder in 2007-2011 when they had to win round the votes, and didn't have the referendum going on. 2011-2016 has been a bit of a let down as they haven't really done much. 

Why should they? Labour aren't taking them to task. Labour are tainted - utterly tainted - so I'll go for the next option to provide an opposition that will make the SNP work a bit harder. ANy opposition they face will be weak, but I feel the Tories would offer a bit more of a challenge - one the SNP needs. 

Secondly - like the story of the snake and the pig, I'm no fan of the Tories but I know what they are. Labour are worse than dead to me, and deserve to be ground in to the dust. 

Well I completely approve of your views on Labour and you have a decent point but it still wouldn't make me vote Tory ever.

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For once I agree. I would never consider a vote for the Tories even just to "punish" another party I'd fell out with. If you vote Conservative for any reason whatsoever you've no entitlement to greet about the poor and what would be fairer if Scotland were independent. It's a step to far and I would never consider a tactical Tory vote to keep out the SNP. I honestly couldn't live with that.

You would, however, passionately support and defend a constitutional arrangement that sees Scotland governed by Tories for most of all of our lives.

People who backed the union don't get to play the anti-Tory card I'm afraid, statistically the Tories govern the UK easily more than half the time, so you wanted Tory governments for Scotland most of the time for the rest of your life and all our lives. You now have what you wanted.

Curious seeing Ruthie "grilled" by Jackie Bird on policies she claims she's not aspiring to enact, because she wants to be the opposition rather than the government.

She even said a couple of years ago she would never want to run a country, far too difficult and important for her. She actually said this, the leader of a national political party.

The SNP's divisive and parochial victimhood agenda has unfortunately turned the Scottish political landscape into one which is dominated by constitutional concerns- much like Northern Ireland.

I will therefore have to vote for the party which I believe will provide the best defence of the Union and most effectively apply much needed scrutiny to the approach of the nationalists- so I will be voting Tory despite disagreeing with 95% of their ideology.

The party with the least to lose by Scotland gaining its independence, and the party that authorised the last referendum. Aye, that makes sense.

I will therefore have to vote for the party which I believe will provide the best defence of the Union and most effectively apply much needed scrutiny to the approach of the nationalists- so I will be voting Tory despite disagreeing with 95% of their ideology.

We are all shocked

The SNP's divisive and parochial victimhood agenda has unfortunately turned the Scottish political landscape into one which is dominated by constitutional concerns- much like Northern Ireland.

ffs fuckall about democracy just another tory lackey

Congrats on choosing a party flatlining on less than 20% of the vote and a membership with an average age of 87 as the "best defence of the Union". It really does make the job a whole lot easier for the good guys.

29pdkia.jpg

And? You can't answer a question objectively?

He was under no obligation to allow it, and if it had gone a few percentage points the other way, he would have gone down in history as the man who broke up the union.

Get rid of Nationalists by voting for Nationalists.

Top logic.

He was under a moral obligation as they had a mandate based on their manifesto.

They also had the removal of the nukes in their manifesto, he didn't feel any moral obligation to honour that. 

That's hardly an issue only affecting Scotland. Don't be deliberately thick.

Scottish independence would not only affect Scotland either. I'm surprised you're backing the party that put the Union to its greatest risk of breaking up in hundreds of years..

Delicious.

Speaking of delicious:

https://thefinalstrawsite.wordpress.com/2016/04/27/ask-me-if-i-am-angry-yes-i-am-fucking-angry/

An absolutely glorious, spit-flecked breakdown, from one of the two-tin Trotsky cum raging British nationalists that comprise Scottish Labour's tanking 'core vote'.

29pdkia.jpg

What a dull little chap you truly are.

What a dull little chap you truly are.

It would be very pleasant if, on occasion, Moonglum25 had the cojones to engage me in conversation, rather than just silently dropping 2 red dots my way on a daily basis.  But then I remember he's too stupid to post on here.

What a cowardly wee w**k.

Archived