Post Split Fixtures

Likely a combo of the two. Allows time for arrangements and their was a decent expectation atleast 2 Prem clubs would make the semis. Worked out well I'd say.

Monday the 2nd for the Derby being a public holiday is tasty for the Bevvy folk.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm quite happy with the fixtures. I'll only miss the Dundee vs Hamilton game due to work commitments, but can attend every other one. Will probably rubber the final game though, doubt I will be arsed making Inverness in time for 12:30 for a likely dead rubber game.

Probably been answered already, but why are the final games all 12:30 kick-offs instead of 3pm?

Have to be at the same time, 1230 on Sunday is the slot our oh-so-wonderful TV deal allows us to have so we all have to tug the media forelock and gratefully accept nae last day of the season pre-match pints.

I'm quite happy with the fixtures. I'll only miss the Dundee vs Hamilton game due to work commitments, but can attend every other one. Will probably rubber the final game though, doubt I will be arsed making Inverness in time for 12:30 for a likely dead rubber game.

End of season away games are the best ones even though there's f**k all to play for.

Have to be at the same time, 1230 on Sunday is the slot our oh-so-wonderful TV deal allows us to have so we all have to tug the media forelock and gratefully accept nae last day of the season pre-match pints.

5.30 on a Saturday would be perfect for the final day matches, it would make it much easier for folk to make it to away games.

Aye everything should stop because Scotrail doesn't have a Sunday contract with their drivers leading to a substandard service...

Or you could get a bus.

a train at 9,40 on a sunday morning seems fair and never said it should be stopped but even a 1pm kick off seems fair if the TV company really wants it or the mad notion that the game could be played on saturday :)

Whilst there is still a mathematical possibility of Aberdeen winning the title wouldn't it have made sense to put Aberdeen against Celtic as the final game of the season? It's looking unlikely but it's still possible, that would maximise potential drama and excitement.

:lol:

It's a midweek fixture. Why is a Thursday any different to Pittodrie on a Tuesday night or a Wednesday night?

Probably because it's utterly shit, tbh. Would have went if it was the weekend. Likely won't now.

I had to read it about 5 times but a Monday for a Dundee derby is terrible.

Is that to kill any kind of drunken behaviour?

Not a chance - surely loads of folk will be off for May Day?

Work on Tuesday will be a right laugh.

Not a chance - surely loads of folk will be off for May Day?

Work on Tuesday will be a right laugh.

I don't get May Day off at my work but I've just taken the Tuesday off. It's been about 7 years since the last time I've been out on a Monday in Dundee.

Archived